Go out or go up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emma66

My little beardie (not so little any more) has outgrown her viv. I am just wondering is it better to add length or height? I am going to keep the one she is in now and place it on top with a cut through to climb. It’s just do I get the next one up get two the same size.
Also will I need to put lighting in both?

MarlowAndMe

Juvie Member
What size is your current one? If it’s 18” height then I would just go longer in length as 18” gives enough height to add climbing areas and different gradients as well as provides enough room to have the basking spot 12” from basking bulb and from a t5 12% or 10% for uvb. Once you go taller than 24” I would assume you don’t get as much uvb at the floor- especially if your stacking the vivs as the division middle floor would mean zero uvb on the bottom floor.
So I would go longer not up provided your current one is 18” or 24” tall

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Emma66":2sql10i4 said:
It’s 16inch tall. It’s the Vivexotic reptile house medium.

16" will work just fine height wise.

Is a good height and the t5ho 10%UVB and t5ho 12%UVB tubes are perfect for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
milosmom
Top Bottom