Gnomeo...a happenin' dude

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ravyn

Bok Choy again? I don't think so! Where are my crickets woman??
121011082842.jpg

He is just so cute, I just wanna hold him and hug him and kiss him and love him forever and ever, he on the the other hand just wants his crickets!
121011082759.jpg

If mom won't give him crickets, maybe he will head to the North Pole and ask Santa!
120511164912.jpg

Hope you all like the pics of my little guy (or big monster if you live in Santa's Village). I will be posting a lot more now that I know how to work the Photobucket LOL. (My 18yr old showed me how to do it ;) )
Ravyn

Ravyn

Original Poster
Today after work, I let Gnomeo out for about and hour to just crawl along the furniture and hang out. He is so lazy in his tank but when he comes out he is crazy! LOL anyway I have a couple of pics.

Careful Gnomeo, you are invisible not invincible!
121111152542.jpg

Giving the stink eye because he knows he is going back home.
121111152346.jpg

Stupid how much I love this thing :lol: !
Ravyn

FranktheTank

Gray-bearded Member
He's such a cutie. It's funny how much we love these little guys and how much personality they have. I don't know about Gnomeo, but my beardies love all the attention and affection shown to them.

-Kaleen

bltkpo

Juvie Member
Awh I am sure little Gnomeo loves exploring! I know Bindy does. He finds that perfect place to fall asleep and it's all Zzzzz's from there.

Ravyn

Original Poster
bltkpo":gdjraqk1 said:
Awh I am sure little Gnomeo loves exploring! I know Bindy does. He finds that perfect place to fall asleep and it's all Zzzzz's from there.

He LOVES it. My friend who had him before me never took him out of his viv to hold him or let him out except to take a bath. He is not mellow about being out at all. He has no time for cuddles when there is a whole world to explore! Tomorrow is my day off so he will get his bath and some playtime, hopefully I will have lot's more pics to post. I can not believe how attached I am to him already. I will honestly spend hours sitting next to his viv talking to him.

I just wish I could figure out how to get my dang dog to leave him alone. When Rex comes in the house in the evening he plants himself infront of Gnomeo's viv and stares! For hours! Drives me batty!

Gnomeo looking for a quick escape from mommy's love
011911145608.jpg

Rex. Sure he looks all sweet but he is obsessed with my beardie!
022111194602.jpg

Ravyn

bltkpo

Juvie Member
Rex is lovely. Is he a red heeler? My boyfriends mom has one, her name is Violet and she is 2 years old.. and the most OCD animal I have ever met. His mom just got a new kitten, and Violet took almost a month to get used to the kitten! They really can be weird about those things haha.

pyffersnpaws

Juvie Member
If you figure out how to get Rex not to stare constantly into the viv let me know... Other than constantly yelling at our 5 to leave them alone and kicking them out of the beardies room I'm at a lost... Gnomeo looks very happy to be out and exploring...

Ravyn

Original Poster
bltkpo":2pi7q6o2 said:
Rex is lovely. Is he a red heeler? My boyfriends mom has one, her name is Violet and she is 2 years old.. and the most OCD animal I have ever met. His mom just got a new kitten, and Violet took almost a month to get used to the kitten! They really can be weird about those things haha.

Yes he is a Red Queensland Heeler. Rex is about ohhh 9ish. I saved him from an abusive home when he was about a year old. We have a Blue Queensland as well who is 15yrs that we got from a friend who didn't want her when she was 9mths old because she dug in the yard. I do not go out and find animals I usually have friends who have them who don't take good care of them. LOL

pyffersnpaws":2pi7q6o2 said:
If you figure out how to get Rex not to stare constantly into the viv let me know... Other than constantly yelling at our 5 to leave them alone and kicking them out of the beardies room I'm at a lost... Gnomeo looks very happy to be out and exploring...

I will let you know if I can figure it out but he is a bit obsessed LOL.

Ravyn

Ravyn

Original Poster
Breakfast time! It got cold cold in the house last night, when I got up this morning he was a very pale color. He doesn't have any bright colors just your ordinary everyday grays and tans but I was worried. I got his lights on and within a half an hour he was his perky self.

Gnomeo has sexy legs too
121411072827.jpg

More Bok Choy?? At least mom put in some yummy calcium coated worms :)
121411072846.jpg

I see you little wormy, there is no escaping bwa ha ha ha
121411072907.jpg

I am off work today, so it's bath day, and housekeeping day. Need to sterilize his furniture and sweep his floors. Hopefully we get in a good poo today. We are trying the mineral oil on the nose bit so hopefully bathtime will also be potty time.

Decided to just add more pics to this post rather than start another LOL

Viv all clean and swept. The tiles are Mexican clay tiles we used to do our floors with, these are some left overs. I will be building him a hidey and basking area out of them as well. The absorb the heat and spread it out through the viv, at night with lights out they keep it warm. I still need to get a CHE to keep the night temps where they should be but the tiles definitely help
121411084410.jpg

Had breakfast now it's time to soak up some rays
121411084443.jpg

You know mom, I don't walk in on you while you're napping and snap pictures...lol...he just looks so perturbed.
121411084459.jpg

Ravyn

Ravyn

Original Poster
Gnomeo has been with us for a week and a half already. I cannot believe how attached we have all become of this little critter. I can honestly spend hours just watching him and wondering what he thinks about (I suspect his sole thought is how to get more crickets though).

Since when can a man not nap in peace?
121511151100.jpg

Yes, mom, I understand you think I am the cutest thing in the world but do we really have to do the camera thing EVERY day?
121511151155.jpg

Fine! Can you just hit the lights when you are done?
121511151220.jpg

Gnomeo is doing great, he eats well, he is very patient with us (although, towards bedtime he gets a bit grumpy). We have finally got his temps dialed in and he is much more active. He has been eating his greens as long as I hide some worms in there LOL. He loves crickets! The more crickets the better. I don't know what he will do when we switch him to the roaches after the New Year when the mail runs better but I suspect he will love them too. He is not a picky eater. More of the Life and Times of a Overly Loved Bearded Dragon to come :).

Ravyn

Ravyn

Original Poster
grendel9":3cgf9yh0 said:
Gnomeo is adorable! He has such an expressive little face! Thanks for posting pics. :)

Thanks, but I think this may be turning into a sickness LOL. I don't even take this many pics of my kids! Anyway, took a few more to toss in here :), hope it's not too many.

Greating the sun(lamp)
121611144247.jpg

Feeling good
121611143526.jpg

This is the Flinstone hut/basking spot I made for him from the left over clay tiles we did our floors in. Going to make another one, I like it but I think I could do much better next time around.
121611143502.jpg

The angle of the camera or the shadows make him look like he is an otter LOL. Maybe if an otter and a stegasaraus mated this is what it would look like LOL.
121611143421.jpg

Okay, I am done for the day....I hope (never know when those photo ops will pop up).

Ravyn

bltkpo

Juvie Member
i LOVE your hide! It's so unique! We need to get Bindy a hide soon; we've been avoiding it because we dont want him being so lazy as juvie. It will be something we look into in the new year!

Thanks for sharing your photos of Gnomeo! Theyre wonderful :) Keep it up!

Ravyn

Original Poster
bltkpo":2h7n5cqp said:
i LOVE your hide! It's so unique! We need to get Bindy a hide soon; we've been avoiding it because we dont want him being so lazy as juvie. It will be something we look into in the new year!

Thanks for sharing your photos of Gnomeo! Theyre wonderful :) Keep it up!

Thanks. I have tons of the clay tile left over and intend on going crazy while my 18yr old is out of school for the holidays. He runs the mason saw :).

And I am sure I will be posting tons of pics of Gnomeo, he just makes it so easy!

Ravyn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peapthis
Top Bottom