Gnats

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brezzy99

Sub-Adult Member
Summer on the South means having to deal with all sorts of annoying flying insects. I clean my dragons tanks every day, so there isn't any stray food to attract bugs. No matter how clean everything is I keep finding gnats in their enclosures. I read somewhere that placing cloves in a stocking on top of the enclosure will keep them away. Well, the cloves don't work! Does anyone else have this issue? Any suggestions on how to keep them out?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
There's a local remedy based on lemongrass oil and vanilla that keeps gnats away. Totally natural. Might be worth a shot.

Pushkin

Juvie Member
This is going to sound like the craziest thing, but it actually kinda worked. When I was living in Illinois last year, my apartment building had the worst problem with fruit flies. I read online how to make a trap using a drinking glass and a piece of paper that you roll into a funnel and tape closed. Put some banana or something in the glass and then put the paper funnel on top, taping around the rim so there's no gaps. The gnats/flies will crawl down into the glass through the funnel but they can't fly straight up to fly back out of the funnel. After a day or so, release them outside and replace the paper funnel.
Not sure if it will work, but it did help me keep them under control in my kitchen...

Brezzy99

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Definitely going to try both suggestions. I am only seeing 3-4 in their vivs, but it drives me nuts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brikev9799
Top Bottom