Glass surfing, lack of appetite, pooping everyday but very s

Status
Not open for further replies.

jongupeu

My beardie is 8-9 months old and has started glass surfing constantly every morning. I let him out to run around my room or the living room. However even after, he doesn't seem to have much of an appetite. I have him on mustard, collard, and turnip greens for veggies, which he NEVER goes for anymore although he used to. For insects I have him on BSFL for staple, with the occasional superworms as a treat. He takes a while to start going for the BSFL now, but overall seems vaguely uninterested in them.

Also, he used to poop regularly once in every 3 days. But now he poops once a day but VERY tiny poops. Is this a sign of impaction? He's been extremely active though and doesn't seem to have any noticeable lumps in his belly.

This started a bit around the time I installed a ceramic heat emitter for the night time since his temps would lower to below 65°F. I turn it off during the day though. Is there any correlation?

Please help! I just want to know if he'll be okay.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
It is a sign of the weather I am guessing- mine is not eating or very little - yesterday he did nothing but lay around and sleep - the day before he took a huge poop after a week - then went nuts glass surfing to get out and hes in a 120 gallon tank - let him out and he went and took a nap on the couch after sitting one me for about 1/2 hr or so-- its not the heat emitter - mine is on 24/7 keeping the fake log he sits on around 85 and his basking rock is around 105 - hes not been sitting on that much either- today he ate about 5 roaches and then went and climbed in his hide / platform and went to bed! Its their metabolism slowing down -- if they dont eat much they arent going to poop much!
Karrie

jongupeu

Original Poster
KarrieRee":c2mey4dw said:
It is a sign of the weather I am guessing- mine is not eating or very little - yesterday he did nothing but lay around and sleep - the day before he took a huge poop after a week - then went nuts glass surfing to get out and hes in a 120 gallon tank - let him out and he went and took a nap on the couch after sitting one me for about 1/2 hr or so-- its not the heat emitter - mine is on 24/7 keeping the fake log he sits on around 85 and his basking rock is around 105 - hes not been sitting on that much either- today he ate about 5 roaches and then went and climbed in his hide / platform and went to bed! Its their metabolism slowing down -- if they dont eat much they arent going to poop much!
Karrie

So he's only been eating the superworms so I think he's getting spoiled. Should I stop feeding him the superworms even though he won't eat anything else?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Yep he's got u trained- feed him dubias roaches or crickets- I recommend dubias- and offer him greens like mustard collard greens- some fruit like apples or strawberries they r attracted to red- sweet potato cooked will make them go to the bathroom- too many supers will plug him up- those should be fed as a treat- hiccup gets butter worms 3 and 1 horn worm-- he doesn't like super worms
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kiricowell
Top Bottom