Glass Surfing and Super Hyper!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ebuc

Hi, I am still learning how to care for a beardie, I have everything needed in my setup (all the right brands, uvb, uv, decors, wallpaper, etc.) to accommodate my beardie and give him good food. But I cant for the life of me figure out why my beardie glass surfs all the time and jumps around his enclosure. I take him out and place him on my shoulder to relax, he chills for about 10 minutes, and then he runs around and hops from high places (my shoulder to my piano, shoulder to table). Are bearded dragons usually confident when they leap from place to place? I would hate for my beardie to jump and fall to the ground and end up with a concussion. He amazes me how far he can leap and land on surfaces. When he glass surfs, he doesnt have a black beard or any symptoms of him being stressed. He usually looks at me and glass surfs towards my direction. I would keep him out of his enclosure for long periods of time if I could trust him...but he is just to energetic at the moment and im scared that he will plummet to his death...any advice?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Yes please no more playing Superman!!!!!!!!!!!! He is going to get hurt - do not place him on your shoulder anymore w/ out having your hand on his back - it is better to place against your chest w/ your hand over him-- when they are little they think they can fly!! Place him on the back of your couch or chair or on something in front of your LR window --- then if he /and you want you can let him run your LR floor but you need to watch him - NO cats or dogs etc around --- they love to look out windows -- the glass surfing sounds like he wants out to run and explore that is normal -- 2 hrs is a good time for out time ---
Karrie

ebuc

Original Poster
Thanks Karrie, yeah this guy is insane. I cant keep him on my chest because he will climb at the speed of light into my shoulder and positions himself to fly. I dont have any other pets, but I am scared of my kids squishing him. I will be taking him out and keeping an eye on him. Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heidib715
Top Bottom