Glass surfing after switching substrate!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaimeeLee

Hey everyone! I am new to owning a bearded dragon and went to pet smart and bought their setup and realizing from the exotic pet store that was not the best idea. It came with sand so I had him set up with that but a few days ago switched to carpet after hearing about impaction and all kinds of horrible things. So I notice when I turn his light out to go to bed now he seems restless. He will glass surf and kind of run around a bit. The first couple nights I held him and gave him a little back rub and put him on his sleeping branch and he was ok.Tonight when I picked him up he clinged to me and immediately fell asleep. I felt so horrible moving him back into his tank for bed ? How long does it usually take for them to get used to the changes? I used to turn his light off and he would run to his branch and close his eyes until morning.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Are you using any colored bulbs for heat? If so shut them off --- dragons like cool and dark to sleep temps at nite around 65-75 ---- please go over the UVB your using and the basking temps-- please no stick ons --- and no coils for UVB's --- please no heat mats or rocks -- the reptile carpet is good for now but your going to get tired of washing it and sometimes the nails get caught in it causing injury --- I would recommend getting some textured NON adhesive shelf liner from Walmart or you local home improvement store --- cut to the size of the tank and clean w/ vinegar/ water 50/50 --

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom