glass dancing and digging

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gonzo is going absolutely crazy running up and down the front of her aquarium and scratching in one particular corner for hours on end. She is exhibiting all the behaviors of being gravid and is looking for a place to lay her clutch of eggs. She is the only dragon in the house and has never been in the presence of a male so I know the eggs are not fertile. She popped out one egg a few days ago but nothing since then. I had an extra 20 gallon tank that I've made into a lay box but she does the exact same thing in this tank. She just paces back and forth and scratches at the glass trying to get out. She is making no effort to burrow a little hole to lay her eggs in at all. Any recommendations on what I can do?

Ethelia

Extreme Poster
Hello there,
Females are often quite distressed during their first clutch, she probably laid one egg and then went into a bit of a panic. It may take her a couple of days to settle down and continue laying.
My girl absolutely refused every damn laybox I made her, so I feel your pain.
With the laybox I was advised to put a towel over the top (still allowing for air and heat) and to leave her for a couple of days. Darkness is privacy and security for them.
Id give that a go first.

If you dont get any more eggs in the next couple of days we can chat again.

All the best to you and your girl.

Holly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HeathLizard
Top Bottom