Gizmo "The Burninator" - Pics added 4/27 (Day at the park)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've decided to use this thread to chronicle the (mis)adventures of Gizmo... enjoy.

Post 1: 3/12
Tonight was the first time I gave him a bath... I've had him about a week (he had a bath a week ago tomorrow)... I've been giving him a chance to get used to me before I dragged him out to a big bathtub (his old mom just washed him in a little bowl).

After a few initial minutes of panicking, he ended up happily scooting around. He even came over to my hand to get picked up at the end! :love10:

Gave him some Calciworms and a few Superworms as a treat for being so good.

DSCN2297.jpg

DSCN2299.jpg

Glamor shot!
DSCN2300.jpg

abtrfli

Original Poster
Today marks one month since I brought my Gizmo home. What can I say, it's been an interesting, eventful, wonderful month for the both of us!

Definitely become a slave, but happy to do it. :laughing6: :whip:

abtrfli

Original Poster
Yesterday I took Gizmo on his first adventure outside... we went to the beach. I brought his new carrier, and put him on his leash just in case he flipped out after seeing a seagull or something.

I tested the leash indoors first, and he actually took to it well. Only scratched his back leg at it once, then proceeded to ignore it... only time he pulled against it was when he kept trying to climb/jump off the edge of the couch. I must say, a lizard leash is the most wonderful invention! It makes it less stressful for me when we're sitting on the couch together.

Leash test #1
leash.jpg

Leash success!
0_12.jpg

A wonderful discovery on beach day: my Mazda 6 comes with the BEST lizard perch EVER! It's like it was made for him!

Still in the garage - I love how bright his colors look!
P1020036.jpg

He very patiently just sat there for a minute, then settled in and watch everything go by. No attempts at escape! I think he likes it 8)
P1020037.jpg

Sunbathing.
P1020048.jpg

A little closer up....
P1020039.jpg

He put up a fight when I decided it was time to leave, and tried to run off through the sand.. good thing I had that leash lol. I'm glad he was able to get some real sun for a change. Can't wait for summer! :blob5:

abtrfli

Original Poster
VEGASLIZARD - I hope a long time! He looks so cute in there, and I think he likes it! Even now his tail is sneaking out, but he doesn't seem to mind. Since I don't know how old he is, I have no idea what to expect for more growing! Based on my expert guessing (lol) he is between 2 and 3 years old.

spikerocks - Thanks! I expected him to go running off across the beach, especially if he saw seagulls, heard a boat, or saw kids running all over... but he calmly relaxed there, and got a good nap out of it. He did sit and watch the palm trees for a long time - he likes to watch the trees outside at home, so maybe he's just into trees?? haha. I'm hoping he'll start to associate the leash with a trip outside, much like he associates chopsticks with worm time... it's so cute when he gets all excited and starts glass dancing "on command"!

abtrfli

Original Poster
Hmmm... I think Gizmo's trying to flirt a little. He's flashing some serious sexy leg.

"Well hello there. How YOU doing?"
P1020052.jpg

"One not enough? How about TWO??"
P1020056.jpg

Oooh la la!!! :laughhard:

abtrfli

Original Poster
During beardie exercise yesterday, Gizmo decided he was going to climb the screen... the best part was, once he got up to this point, he froze and just sat there looking at me like, "Now what?! HELP!!!". After I took this picture I took him down. I think he was relieved to be back on the ground! :laughhard:

screen.jpg

abtrfli

Original Poster
Look how white his head is! This is the first time Giz has shed for me... so far his front and back feet have shed, and obviously his head is next. The color difference makes him look like a little alien! 8)

P1020071.jpg

"Whatchu talkin' 'bout, Willis?"
P1020073.jpg

abtrfli

Original Poster
The shed is officially starting, but in tiny parts... Right now its just the skin above both his eyes. The shed flaps look like eyebrows, and since they are loose, he looks like he's REALLY surprised... haha.

He's sitting over there bearding at the wall. Must be pretty uncomfortable... poor surprised little guy. lol.

abtrfli

Original Poster
TASTIGER - lol! I know what you mean! When they do get mad and turn black, all I can think is "awww... how cute...", and now, them he tries to turn black at me and only gets to a mild gray, all I can think is "awww... how sad." :laughhard:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miss_michelle421
Top Bottom