Giving meds to beardie

Jes

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Obidiah
My beardie has been diagnosed with coccidia and I just got the medication for it. (PONAZURIL) I am having trouble getting him to take it and am wondering if any one has tips to make ita little easier. I put the syringe into his mouth, towards the back and dispensed a small amount which came right out of his mouth. I wiped it up with my finger and he licked some of it off but I have no idea how much he got. Any tips would be greatly appreciated!

Last edited:

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
My beardie has been diagnosed with coccidia and I just got the medication for it. (PONAZURIL) I am having trouble getting him to take it and am wondering if any one has tips to make ita little easier. I put the syringe into his mouth, towards the back and dispensed a small amount which came right out of his mouth. I wiped it up with my finger and he licked some of it off but I have no idea how much he got. Any tips would be greatly appreciated!
There are a few good youtube videos, sometimes watching someone do it is more helpful than having it explained. Still, you'll probably get a few suggestions from the friendly folks here.

Jes

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Obidiah
There are a few good youtube videos, sometimes watching someone do it is more helpful than having it explained. Still, you'll probably get a few suggestions from the friendly folks here.
Thanks I didn't think to look on youtube but that is where I am going now!

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Julielps
Top Bottom