giving bathes

Status
Not open for further replies.

sunnyvale22

Hatchling Member
I noticed that sometimes when i'm gone yoshi poops then goes crazy in his tank. this meaning that he has poop all over him and it's dry already. But when i give him a bath it's hard to get some of it off. is there like a reptile soap or something out there that i can use on him thats safe? :oops: also what temp should i make the water. i normally do it the same as if i were going to take a bath, or maybe a little less.

flyers044

Magma does the same thing almost daily. She always poops when I am at work and by the time I get home she has a mess made. I bought a rubbermaid container to give her a bath in. I use a soft bristle toothbrush to clean her. I just brush mine soft and everything usually comes off. To test the temp of the water I use the inside of my wrist. I make sure it is warm but not hot enough to burn me. Hope this helped...

herpfreak

Gray-bearded Member
flyers044":235d9 said:
Magma does the same thing almost daily. She always poops when I am at work and by the time I get home she has a mess made. I bought a rubbermaid container to give her a bath in. I use a soft bristle toothbrush to clean her. I just brush mine soft and everything usually comes off. To test the temp of the water I use the inside of my wrist. I make sure it is warm but not hot enough to burn me. Hope this helped...
Toothbrushes work great for gently rubbing mess from beardies; really helps get in between their scales. The water should be 90-95*, but if you don't have a tempgun, it should feel warm to your wrist. Your body temp is around 96*, so if it's warm to your wrist, it should be fine. Much longer than 20 minutes can be stressful. If the water cools off, you'll have to drain and refill the tub. He may also poo in the water, which should be scooped out or drained.

Budo loves his baths! :D Tell us how Yoshi likes it.

sunnyvale22

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
so far he hates it lol. but he does poop in it - that saves me from cleaning the viv though. but when he does it cuts the bath short a little because i don't want it to get on him even more. i'm going to find a container to give him bathes in. maybe my son's old bath tub from when he was a baby would work. :D

herpfreak

Gray-bearded Member
Budo poos in the bath too. In fact, he won't poo outside of the bath! Yes, it saves a lot of time cleaning the viv.

A baby bathtub would work great. :)

Ruby2uesday

Juvie Member
i use a kitty litter pan! i had an old, but brand knew one from when i was fostering kittens! works perfect. i have to stay there as he will dart out if not supervised, or i place the screen lid of this tank over top so i can see him, he can see me and not get out while i'm cleaning his tank. works great! will have to upgrade as he gets bigger but they are cheap! or just a reg, rubbermaid tub! have fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Critter Guy
Top Bottom