GGGRRR she doesn't want crickets anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.

Valerie

Sub-Adult Member
Sizzle, my BD was eating all live food i gave her but after a few times with roaches she has decided crickets are not good anymore. She just sits there while they run around her. I only have a few dubias left of her size. I have a lot of baby dubias but I wanted them to get bigger before I fed them to her.
Any ideas? How long does it take dubias to grow from 1/4 inch to 1/2 inch?
I plan to order some from someone this weekend but it is a long time until Wed when they will get here. I plan on ordering some repti worms to I hope she will eat them too.
Our other BD, Astro, will eat anything that moves and doesn't move. Looks like she will get the crickets.LOL
Valerie

LizzyUK

From what I can gather, it looks like it could take a couple of weeks (or less) for them to grow from 1/4 inch to 1/2 inch but if it helps, the warmer they are kept, the speedier their growth will be. If that helps?..... :D

Valerie

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
More GRRRs LOl
I am going to pull the legs off a few crickets and them in her roach bowl and see if I can fool her. I am guessing she will catch on real quick. I just need to think of a way to get her to eat her protein until weds.
Valerie

LizzyUK

Aw poor crickets!!!.....well saying that we are putting them to their deaths for a lizards entertainment....and they're noisy little sods....poor crickets!!!

Valerie

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
She did not go for it. Crap! Maybe I can feed her the 1/4 roaches and hopefully find a good price on 1/2 roaches until my supply gets back up there. I hope she eats the reptiworms I just ordered for her.
Valerie

LizzyUK

lol aw noes! How old is your lizard and what size reptiworms did you get? Would they be 'too small' a food for a 2 yr old BD?
Lizzy

LizzyUK

Ok. Sorry, I'm a soon-to-be newbie dragon keeper and I'm trying to find the best and widest variety of bugs n stuff to feed him. Is Sizzle your only BD?

Valerie

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
No, I have Astro or rather I bought her for my grandson and she is about 2 mos. older. In seperate vivs of course.
Thank goodness Astro is not picky about her food so at least someone can eat the cricktets.

keen77

Hatchling Member
one of mine decided she doesn't like crickets anymore too. She still eats her Supers I just ordered some grubs from Grubco.com looking forward to trying them. Really good deal! 500 for only $12.00 shipped

LizzyUK

I just fed mine a cricket but he doesn't seem to be hopping after them as much as when I gave him a box of locusts.

LizzyUK

You can't get locusts in the states?? Can you buy them in or is that against US shipping laws or something? They jump further than crickets but they're easier to catch if they escape lol my beardie loves them

Valerie

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
I have never heard of feeding BD grubs. I am assuming they are bred for this reason. Are they similar to the grubs you find in the ground?

Valerie

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
After looking at the site you mentioned I am guessing you are talking about mealworms,fly larva or etc. not grubs like I was thinking of.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stump5150!
Top Bottom