getting used to a new surrounding takes how long?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashleyyh

So tomorrow will mark a week of having my baby beardie and I thought she wasn't stressed but according to her becoming dark underneath, not eating very much crickets in a day(6-10), and some watery poop she is not quite settled. I am just curious to how she will act if she is no longer stressed so I don't have to stress anymore about making her as comfortable as possible. I feel like I have tried several different things to make her comfortable and less stressed. I am also worried that since she isn't eating much crickets and won't touch the collard greens I offer every day, will she starve to death?? Plenty of answers are much needed, thank you!

wulfie

Hatchling Member
make sure that her heating and light are good, they need a good 12hrs of uvb, also be sure that you've got 3 sides of the tank covered, it gives them a better sense of security. I'd also take an article of clothing like a t-shirt that hasn't been washed and put it in her tank so that she gets used to the smell of you

ashleyyh

Original Poster
But what behaviors should I look for when she is for sure comfortable with her environment?

BBTrucker

saw the topic of this post and immediatly had to post somthing

i know from expieriance taking in a dragon that u havnt eve cared for can be very stressful on the lil guy, it normally takes about 4-8 weeks to become familiar and content with new surroundings, even changing the layout of the cage and or different cages is super stressful on the animal, so if u do decide somthing different and want to change up wait or do it during bath time or when u give there cage a scrub down just make sure to offer your dragon greens regularly and follow your care sheet to the T he will come around normally in a month

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
milosmom
Top Bottom