Getting the temp just right need help please

Status
Not open for further replies.

J0ker

I have 2 digital temperature readers 1 on the cool side and one near the basking spot they read about the same temp (80-90f) I have a 75w halogen light for the basking spot and it is the strongest I can use (the only lamps I can find can take up to a 75w bulb I nearly caused a fire by putting a 100w in it :oops: ) how can I raise the temp in the basking spot and keep the temp of the cool side cool?
... and does it matter how the probs of the readers are placed?
I have them half way up on each side someone told me they should be burried in the sand does it make a difference?

other usefull info
40breader tank
healthy active baby beardie about 6.5 inches long
half a log as a basking spot at a distace of 9inchs from the light
the light stays on for 12-14h for the day
cermaic light fixture on a metal sliding top
i can't spell

please help me heat up my baby

jeschardies

Hatchling Member
Yes, the basking spot should have a probe directly on it(ie.on the piece of wood). This should be a digital probe. If you have an accurite sensor, you can just place the actual device on the cool end. Otherwise the probe on the cool end just has to measure the temp on the cool end...
For such a young beardie, its not recommended to use sand as a substrate.

Toyguy

Juvie Member
You basically have 2 alternatives - raise the basking spot toward the lamp to increase the temperature, or get a light fixture that supports a higher wattage bulb. If you decide to raise the basking spot, watch out that the beardie doesn't get too close to the UVB bulb and that he can't touch the bulb surfaces in any way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hseith
Top Bottom