Getting rid of German roaches in tank...

Status
Not open for further replies.

HaleyRose

So I have a German cockroach infestation in my dragon's tank. They've also started hanging out in my Dubia colony that I keep next to the tank.

Unfortunately, the apartments I live in have an issue with roaches:/ Nothing I've done has gotten rid of them. I was thinking about sprinkling Borax around the tank to keep them out? Or at least sprinkle it around the wall behind the tank and Dubia colony. The tank is on a stand. I'm not worried about them biting my dragon in her sleep. They are just annoying to see.

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
[Moved from General to Feeders]

Are you able to put a lid on the dubia colony's container? Even a mesh screen would help to keep out the unwanted pests.
As for sprinkling Borax on the walls, as long as you can ensure that none of the residues could get into your beardie's tank and/or the dubia colony, I can't see why not, if it'll indeed kill the pests.

HaleyRose

Original Poster
There's a lid on the colony, of course. They're just able to slip under it since they're so small. I've even taped around it with no success.

Haven't tried the Borax yet. But it's supposed to kill them within a few days if ingested.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miss_michelle421
Top Bottom