getting ready to brumate?

Status
Not open for further replies.

salmar

my beardie is about 15 weeks old, he's perfectly healthy and lately he's been going under neath his flat log during the day and staying there for most of the day. He is eating like normal and basks for a while then goes under his log. i put him back in his basking spot but he just returns under his log after a few minutes. Is he getting ready to brumate?

LJean

Extreme Poster
Seems awfully young to me to be wanting to brumate. I thought it was for only the adults. Young dragons don't have enough fat stores to get them through the winter.

Sometimes the temps aren't right or something with the bulb is going on that can cause them to want to hide.
What are the basking temps? Which uvb light are you using? Can you hear any noise coming from either bulb?

salmar

Original Poster
the temps: basking spot: 109
warm side: mid 80s
cool side: high 70s
UVB: Reptisun 5.0

and there is no noise coming from the bulbs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miss_michelle421
Top Bottom