Getting a young beardie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

kobe24

Hey guys im getting a young beardie and i wanted to know some information about what kind of nutrients he should be getting. I have the calcium with d3 and without d3 and also the multivitamin. All of them are the powder type. I read that i should put some of it on the salad and also insects. Should i do this everyday and how often should i use the powder with d3 and without d3 and also how often should i use the multivitamin. Thanks guys i know this is a lot of questions but i really want to have a beardie that will live awhile. Thanks

kobe24

Original Poster
Im sorry but i am just looking for some information that i really need because i want this dragon to live for a long time so i am just trying to get help.

XiDiS

Juvie Member
I understand.... we all want that for our beardies :) but its much easier to answer your questions if they are all in one thread. Easier for you to :)

kobe24

Original Poster
CGuzmanReptiles":ncodh33y said:
dust your feeders with calcium with d3 once a meal per day 5 days a week and multivitamin 1 meal a day 2 days a week.
Thanks a lot i was wondering about that. Am i supposed to feed him as many crickets he can in a 10 to 15 minute period 2 to 3 times a day when they are a baby. And how often when they are an adult

kobe24

Original Poster
Should i just feed him cricket after cricket for 10 to 15 minutes because that can vary a lot. I can feed him over 20 in 15 minutes but im afraid he will eat too much. I am going to feed him twice a day so just a little help is much appreciated thanks guys. You are all really nice and helping people on here.

kobe24":3jyrsvrz said:
Should i just feed him cricket after cricket for 10 to 15 minutes because that can vary a lot. I can feed him over 20 in 15 minutes but im afraid he will eat too much. I am going to feed him twice a day so just a little help is much appreciated thanks guys. You are all really nice and helping people on here.

As long as what you are feeding is no bigger than the space between his eyes then its okay. Mine eats around 35-45 per sitting! and thats twice a day so in total is 70-90 a day! plus the veggies/fruits.

kobe24

Original Poster
CGuzmanReptiles":2qzi90bj said:
kobe24":2qzi90bj said:

As long as what you are feeding is no bigger than the space between his eyes then its okay. Mine eats around 35-45 per sitting! and thats twice a day so in total is 70-90 a day! plus the veggies/fruits.

Wow he eats a lot. How old is he because mine is still very young so what time do you feed him during a day since you said you feed him twice a day. Thank you

He is 5 months old and he is about 10-11 inches long.
Lights go on at 7:30 and I feed him veggies at 9 and at 10 I give him his insects and after that I feed him insects at 3-4 pm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemommma
Top Bottom