Getting a Second Beardie

Status
Not open for further replies.

crashman91

Hey guys and gals,

Right now, I have Thora, she's about 1 year old, full grown beardie. I'm thinking about getting a second one. I currently have a 55 gallon tank which she has more than enough room to roam around all day. I'm however thinking about getting another one. Would you suggest getting a second tank to keep her in, or do you think I would be able to keep her in the tank with Thora. Just trying to get some input on thoughts. Thanks guys!

~Josh & Thora.

warnisha

Juvie Member
So glad you decided that!!!! I know our full grown one when he was out would try to eat our baby through the glass on the aquarium (only took once to move it where he couldn't see it anymore poor baby scared to death!) and he would try to eat the fish in the fish tank through the glass so anything smaller than them they will attempt to eat. I imagine a baby wouldn't last long at all with a bigger dragon.

ShannyBeard

Extreme Poster
crashman91":cyd7khek said:
Holy Cow! Nvm. Definitely getting a second cage! Thanks!

:lol: :lol: :lol: That thread is amazing. I just had to laugh at your reaction...!

Long story short, I bought one beardie and we received the wrong one, so I decided to keep her and pay for the 'right' beardie, and they came from the same breeder and are cousins, and both females.

We knew not to house them together either way, but I just set them on the FLOOR next to each other and within 10 minutes one tried to bite the other. :silent: It was 'suggested' to us to put them in the same tank until we could afford a bigger tank, but thankfully we have this website and we are all a little smarter for it. :D :lol:

RandyMarsh

Sub-Adult Member
ShannyBeard":1g5pvdx6 said:
crashman91":1g5pvdx6 said:
Holy Cow! Nvm. Definitely getting a second cage! Thanks!

:lol: :lol: :lol: That thread is amazing. I just had to laugh at your reaction...!

Long story short, I bought one beardie and we received the wrong one, so I decided to keep her and pay for the 'right' beardie, and they came from the same breeder and are cousins, and both females.

We knew not to house them together either way, but I just set them on the FLOOR next to each other and within 10 minutes one tried to bite the other. :silent: It was 'suggested' to us to put them in the same tank until we could afford a bigger tank, but thankfully we have this website and we are all a little smarter for it. :D :lol:

People who don't listen to common sense and cohabitate are really lame IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
New & NoClue
Top Bottom