getting 2 dragons to get along with each other

Status
Not open for further replies.

RB1

Since i am going to be owning 2 dragons this week i was wondering something,if housed together should i put a glass between the housing to get them used to each other,or should i just let them be until they get along?

which method is the best?one of my friends used the glass method and she said it worked but took some time,anyone else tried it and can advice me thanks!

XtinaBeardieMom

Juvie Member
Cohabitation generally isn't recommended here. I think it works in very rare instances, but beardies are lone animals in the wild - they don't live together and are very territorial. I even tried housing two adult females together who had been living together since they were babies and they still ended up fighting. Thankfully I caught it before it was too late and they now live happily in separate enclosures. I've since noticed a lot of other benefits to housing them separately as well... such as always knowing how much each one of them has eaten, knowing whose poop is whose so you can monitor health & frequency, and if one of them gets sick I don't have to worry about the other one catching it. Check out this thread as well >>> viewtopic.php?f=6&t=154908

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
I have 5 males, all have their own tanks. I mistakenly let two out, one was hidden & let the other out, within a minute they were fighting & both had bloody tails. If I hadn't found them right away, they would have killed each other. So please don't co-habitate. If you have to make sure you have a really big tank, at least 120 gallon & put a divider they can't see through, otherwise they will always try to get through the divider. Dragons don't get along, even females. So don't take the chance. It's just better they have their own space, then there's no domination, fighting or damange of any sort. Please also check out the thread in the earlier post, it's a very good post on the reasons not to co-habitate. This is advice, if you choose to home them together, that's your choice, but you'll need to keep a good eye on them.

RB1

Original Poster
thanks i will def keep an eye on them,also please don't come here and call me a troll because i decide to take advice from my friends who all own bearded dragons who are healthy,since when is not taking others advice and taking my friends advices considered a person a troll?it seems the only troll here is your self so get over it,i shall do things the way i see fit,if you have a issue with how i do things simply put me on ignore on the site the feature is there for a reason

XtinaBeardieMom

Juvie Member
RB1":3slcf2k9 said:
thanks i will def keep an eye on them,also please don't come here and call me a troll because i decide to take advice from my friends who all own bearded dragons who are healthy,since when is not taking others advice and taking my friends advices considered a person a troll?it seems the only troll here is your self so get over it,i shall do things the way i see fit,if you have a issue with how i do things simply put me on ignore on the site the feature is there for a reason

In general, we would label someone a "troll" when they are just posting here to start trouble. Soooo if you're just going to listen to your friends no matter what we say, and you're NOT going to follow any of our advice... then what exactly are you doing? You got your last thread locked for the same reason, so if you expect any less to end up happening here if you behave in the same manner then you'd be wrong. Your previous posts do not show near the level of ineptitude so I'm just going to assume either this user account got hacked or you got bored. That's really the best case scenario as I truly hope you're not for real. However, thanks for the wonderful idea to ignore you. I'll get right on that :wink:

RB1

Original Poster
WHAT YOU fail to understand is in my last topic i never asked for advice,i simply just made a topic on excitement of my new dragon and all the new stuff i got for it
i never once asked for advice in that topic about anything i purchased,i had my mind made up and still do.now as for this topic i asked for advice i got it,and as some one stated just keep a close eye on them and i will,see how that works?once again don't come here assuming people are trolls for no reason

nor am i bored nor did my account get hacked.

XtinaBeardieMom

Juvie Member
Ok, I apologize... I did not mean to start a fight. You're entitled to your opinion, and you're right - everyone else here can decide for themselves whether they want to hear it or not. I'll leave the rest to the mods & admins. They do a great job here and this is their judgement call to make. Don't mean to hijack your thread, hope you get the advice you need & make the right decision. Good luck, genuinely.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
I don't see the point in continuing this conversation, the OP has made his point that he was listening but will choose what he will do. They're his dragons, so no more arguing please. If any further I'll have to lock the thread. Added by moderator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoseofChaos
Top Bottom