George Is hardly eating ANYTHING :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

utd007

My beardie George has been hardly eating anything now for about 8 days.

He is a juvenile, around 7 months old, so I can't see it being brumation, can it?

I replaced a hide in his viv with a larger one about 2 weeks ago, but that was because there was hardly any room for him to hide. He was eating about 20 crickets per feed 2 weeks ago, 3x a day.

Now, he's eating about 7 PER DAY! he is eating all his greens, but hardly any crickets :(

Should I be worried? Help me please....

catUK

Gray-bearded Member
It could be a number of things.

If he uses his hide often then he will not be getting the correct amount of UVB thus decreasing his appetite- remove the hide if this is the case.

also how old is the UVB- if its 6 months old or more then it will need changing (you probably already know that though :) )

it could be that he's getting bored of crickets. When my beardie was a juvie she suddenly stopped eating her crickets- i was worried at first but tried different live foods which she loved instead- she's never looked at crickets since.

It could be that he's getting ready to shed?

Excellent that he's eating his greens- my beardie is 16 months and ive tried EVERYTHING to get her to eat them but she's so stubborn. I went through nothing but worry when my beardie was little- she was a very fussy eater after about 6 months old and would sometimes go off her food for no reason. she has grown to be 18inches and well filled out (despite her varied eating habits) and was very healthy on her last vet visit.

Hope this helps a bit and rules out a few things :D

catUK

Gray-bearded Member
utd007":dasky593 said:
What live food did you switch to from crickets?

when she was younger i switched from crickets to phoenix worms then when she was big enough i gave her locusts and superworms with the occasional butter worms as treats

catUK

Gray-bearded Member
utd007":2w5gwkuh said:
How old was she when you gave her locusts?

i used to give her the occasional locust when she was about 8 months, as well as crickets- you can get them in small sizes for younger beardies but often once they get the taste for locusts they don't often go back to crickets. However, if yours wont touch many crickets anyway you could try locusts. repti worms or phoenix worms are a great staple for beardies. Sometimes when mine was young she'g go through stages where she went off her food and it wasn't health related- it was worrying but she went back to eventually eating normally again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
milosmom
Top Bottom