Gender? Type?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lou786912

Hi everyone :)

I was just wondering if anyone could take a stab at guessing my beardie's gender? I'm not sure if he's old enough yet to tell though.
I got him at the end of January and he was approx 10 weeks so...around 5 -6 months ish?

Also I was wondering if anyone knew what type he is? He's got a lot of orange around his face and his back is a rusty/orange colour.
The picture isn't very clear as he's coming to a shed and the focus isn't too good on some as it's difficult to take a picture on a phone whilst holding him still! :) - I say "he" but I'll be happy whatever gender :)

Any ideas would be great! Louise x

161hv9k.jpg

and here's his beautiful face :)

i4p8nk.jpg

Here's a few of him closer up.

241t5bc.jpg

17p9hy.jpg

He's grown since this one, and it was only a week ago!

ErinMeetsMachine

Sub-Adult Member
wow, it's Realllly hard to tell, I don't really see either, but because I definitely don't see male parts.. I would guess a she.

Lou786912

Original Poster
haha that would explain the mood swings and attitude I occasionally get!
I will try and get a clearer picture, it's hard as he/she doesn't really appreciate being held like that for long!

x

Lou786912

Original Poster
Yeah :) I'l get a picture taken after dinner.
I looked up pictures on the net on how to sex them, as I wasn't entirely sure what I was looking for, now I've looked, pulled the tail back gently, and along the tail I don't see any lumps/bumps that indictate male, so I'm agreeing with you on female, but tonight I will put up some different pictures to see if you can tell any better

x

Lou786912

Original Poster
Thanks! :) That's helpful as I wasn't overly sure what I was meant to be looking for! I'll get some pictures up tonight like that to see if it's any clearer :) It would jsut help me settle on a name more than anything else. "Baby" isn't really that manly :p

x

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miss_michelle421
Top Bottom