fussy feeder

Status
Not open for further replies.

debz

hi i got a 9 month older beardie last week and am trying to get him on a better diet,his old diet was frozen mixed veg and crickets ive got him fresh carrot fennel red yellow and green bell pepper and bannana tried him on a diffrent veg ever day but he only had a few small bits of diced pepper.Ive also got him mealworms and wax worms and a pinky mouse he wont touch any of them any ideas how i can get him to eat diffrent food than crickets ( i heard too many of them can cause some kind of worm) and the frozen veg
any help appreciated i hate touching crawly things so if i can pick them up you would think he would be appreciative and eat the greepy things lol

lauraj1055

Gray-bearded Member
debz":11r72f5l said:
hi i got a 9 month older beardie last week and am trying to get him on a better diet,his old diet was frozen mixed veg and crickets ive got him fresh carrot fennel red yellow and green bell pepper and bannana tried him on a diffrent veg ever day but he only had a few small bits of diced pepper. Try getting some collard greens, mustard greens, turnip greens, and/or dandelion greens. Also some butternut squash. check out www.beautifuldragons.org under nutrition, and that tells you the best staplesIve also got him mealworms and wax worms Mealworms are not a good staple, neither are wax worms. Mealworms have too much chitten and are hard to digest, waxworms are a good treat, but too fatty as a staple. You can try superworms which aren't very expensive, and reptiworms which are full of calcium and won't need to be dusted.. don't forget to dust your feeders 5x a week with calcium 2 x with multivitamin. and a pinky mouse he wont touch any of them Don't ever feed them pinky mice it is not good for them, hard to digest too fatty and very likely to cause impaction any ideas how i can get him to eat diffrent food than crickets ( i heard too many of them can cause some kind of worm) and the frozen veg
any help appreciated i hate touching crawly things so if i can pick them up you would think he would be appreciative and eat the greepy things lol
you can order feeder tongs with worms, they grossed me about for maybe the first 2 days.. after that I was picking them up with my hand.. hornworms and silkworms are also another good feeder

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kiricowell
Top Bottom