Furniture to Viv Transformation Complete!

Status
Not open for further replies.

anamlgrl

Hatchling Member
Hi everyone. When I first started reading the boards, I saw all of these wonderful custom vivs and it inspired us to make our own. We made a double viv out of an old wood cabinet & made a single viv out of a homemade children's kitchen. We used tile as our flooring, we cut out areas for screen, mounted a ReptiSun 10.0 in each tank, basking bulb, homemade rock platforms for each beardie and they even have their own little fleece blanket which they love.\It took us about 4 weeks to finish and we still want to eventually refinish the outside. Please tell me what you think & suggestions are always welcome!

This is the cabinet:
262780_10150302233710337_503360336_8929522_2794711_n.jpg

_DSC0067.jpg

I do not have a before picture of the kitchen but here is the after..
_DSC0071.jpg

And here are a few pics of my babies:

Atticus
_DSC0073.jpg

KiKi:
_DSC0077.jpg

Jasper:
_DSC0084.jpg

anamlgrl

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
We used a textures spray paint from Lowes. We aired it out for a few weeks before the beardies went in.

Ah ok, I used that textured spray when I made the background on this project...
Photo03072108.jpg

Now what kind of surface did you spray that onto? Was it laminated wood? Because I just picked up this dresser(pic below) to make a big enclosure for our beardie and would really like to paint it. But from what I've read; I gotta sand it to a certain degree and prime with this special primer in order for paint to stick. But if that paint sticks pretty good to laminated wood, then I'd definitely wanna go that route. Probably would look neat in that light shaded color for the exterior and use the dark tan like you used for the interior walls.
Dresser1.jpg

anamlgrl

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
We didnt sand the inside and it did have a clear coat. It seam to stick pretty well and we also put a coat of modge podge over the paint when we were done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoseofChaos
Top Bottom