frustrated!

Status
Not open for further replies.

woahamie

:angry5:

i don't really know what to feed my guy anymore :banghead:
i still haven't gotten him, but i need to be prepared by next friday.

i don't really want to have him on a cricket diet, and phoenix worms are kind of expensive.
there is just absolutely noooo way i can breed dubias, because ill get kicked out of my house :angry5:

is there anything else i can do?

im gonna have him on a mustard green/squash veggie diet, but for his meat, its getting me a bit frustrated.
i have an empty 10 gallon tank, so if i can do something with that, that'd be great! :)

Cowabunga

Hatchling Member
How old are you? If you're not a kid (which its hard to tell with no age list requirement) then sneaking in some Dubia is simple and your 10Gal can be made to work just fine.

Other than that your only option would be Repti worms and they can be ordered in bulk on line and will keep in the fridge upto 2 months. Ultimately that would really be your only choice. Its the easiest over all and requires he least amount of work. Just disguise the container as a KFC side dish container and hope no one goes in for the "moving" cole slaw. :lol:

woahamie

Original Poster
i'm 20... although i don't really see what that has to do with anything O____O

and as for reptiworms, wouldn't they just die in the fridge because of the cold...? im sure they should be kept cool, but not that cold. but idk. im new to the whole thing.

if i can set up my 10gal tank for dubias, about how many can i fit in there?

Cowabunga

Hatchling Member
woahamie":2i0o68u5 said:
i'm 20... although i don't really see what that has to do with anything O____O

and as for reptiworms, wouldn't they just die in the fridge because of the cold...? im sure they should be kept cool, but not that cold. but idk. im new to the whole thing.

if i can set up my 10gal tank for dubias, about how many can i fit in there?

It matters because if you are dealing with roommates meaning you live on your own and can make your own decisions or if you are still living with your family under your parents roof. I figured knowing your age (to a degree) could determine if assuming you lived alone would be presumptuous (Under 17yrs old would be a definitive no) I was just going to mention that the Dubia are easily hidden due to lack of odor or noise (in smaller quantities) unlike crickets where you'll know if you even have 2 in the room.

As far as the reptis go, do your research on them. They are fine in the fridge as long as you have reasonable temps in their. If you check them out there will be more info on their keep time and suggested temps. It is the easiest feeder to keep out of ALL of them and when bought in masses, isn't too expensive. Besides that, along with Phoenix worms they are the only ones that should ever be used as a staple.

As far as the Dubia in the 10 gallon I'd need to know the dimension. (in this order LXWXH)

woahamie

Original Poster
oh, okay. lol, sorry. >.<

i think im just gonna go with the dubias, and hide them somewhere. i mean, my parents dont really go in my room, so i think i can find a place for them. i just dont want to buy a huge container for them, cause then they'd get nosy, and if they found out, god bless my soul.

the dimensions for the tank is 12-3/4"L x 20-1/4"W x 10"H

Cowabunga

Hatchling Member
woahamie":2rx1b00a said:
oh, okay. lol, sorry. >.<

i think im just gonna go with the dubias, and hide them somewhere. i mean, my parents dont really go in my room, so i think i can find a place for them. i just dont want to buy a huge container for them, cause then they'd get nosy, and if they found out, god bless my soul.

the dimensions for the tank is 12-3/4"L x 20-1/4"W x 10"H

Plenty of room... You can do it 2 ways but I'd suggest cutting the 12X12 egg flats in half and stacking them so that they wedge into place vertically and you will be able to keep more than enough to feed your dragon. Only thing is to expect the colony to take a few months to get to a point where you can feed from it. In the mean time buy a large order of reptis that you can feed off of until the dubia are ready.

woahamie

Original Poster
when you mean vertically, like on the sides of the tank?
where do i order them from? how many?
im sure id need a screen lid, food and some sort of heating?

sorry for all the questions.

Cowabunga

Hatchling Member
Vertically so the crates are standing up and not laying flat so the frass can fall down. You can order then from numerous places, same with the roaches. The amount, I don't know, however many you think would fit. I can't physically view your bin so there's no way of me knowing. And as far as the lid goes, you can get a piece of screen from any where. A bin that small shouldn't take much to warm it up, maybe wrap it in a blanket and put it in the closet some where.. If not then there are plenty of heating options. You'll have to do some research on your own to see what exact path you'd like to take. What's your budget?

woahamie

Original Poster
i dont really have a budget, but i also dont wanna spend too much money on it, just in case my beardie doesnt like it.

maybe i should test out a few before investing money/time?

Cowabunga

Hatchling Member
woahamie":11dzu7un said:
i dont really have a budget, but i also dont wanna spend too much money on it, just in case my beardie doesnt like it.

maybe i should test out a few before investing money/time?

Sounds like a smart idea.. Most Beardies absolutely love them but ya never know..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemommma
Top Bottom