Fruit flies infestation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flora

Hello everyone. For the past couple of weeks I have noticed an increasing number of what appear to be fruit flies altho I am not entirely sure that they are! They are basically tiny little black round things which seem to be crawling all over my beardie Spike. The worse part is that they get under his eyelids, at the corners of his mouth and on his body, in his scales. I clean the tank regularly and Spike as well. In fact, I try to get rid of them on his body everday as sometimes he can have several under his eyelid and today I have noticed one in his ear! But didnt dare touched his ear. Has anyone had this problem and if so, how have you dealt with it? I have another beardie in another viv and she seems to be doing ok, I have seen one or two on her but nowhere near as many as on Spike. Any tips much appreciated.

Flora

EmmyandVael

I cant say i have ever had this problem, but i would suggest completely sanitizing your tank clean everything in there with a hot water and vinegar solution, only use fresh veggies and remove them before you go to bed don't leave in the tank over night. As for the poor dragon bathe him in warm water every day and carefully rub him with your fingers to get rid of all the little buggers on him or you could use a soft bristled tooth brush very gently. If they are fruit flies they wont be interested in your dragon if he is clean. If after 2-3 days they aren't all gone or a HUGE difference you might want to take him to a herp vet. If you could post pictures it would help people on this site more qualified then myself to tell you what the problem is. Good Luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HeathLizard
Top Bottom