Friendly behavior?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Astrael

Juvie Member
Now, Nexus and Loki's (both males) tanks are in separate rooms, they don't see each other much if at all while they're awake and alert. But, every night they come out to sleep on us. Loki really seems to like following Nexus, and laying as close as possible to him. Nexus doesn't seem to care one way or another. He'll climb onto the other person who has Nexus and goes right by him.

I'm just curious if this is a good sign. Loki really does like to watch Nexus any chance he gets, and will nuzzle his nose under Nexus's foot to sleep once in a while. They usually sleep side by side with Loki turning his head into Nexus.

I know to watch out for one climbing on top, head bobbing, black bearding, etc. But Nexus doesn't react to Loki, but Loki actively seeks to be near Nexus to sleep. Since I'd never heard of this before, I was curious if I could take that as a good sign. Most likely, since Nexus is still bigger, Loki wants to conserve body heat by snuggling up to the bigger lizard. But he will do that even when there's heat in the blanket (a microwaved heat pack), or when they're on me or John.

Also, anyone who has multiple beardies, what are good signs of them getting along/tolerating each other? Cause we'd like to take them both out to places once it gets warmer, and we hope they'd get along on car rides, in the yard, and such. We do our best to minimize chances that they'll fight over things, but we would like them to get along at other times like they seem to while sleeping. (They eventually end up in their own tanks for the rest of the night.)

Thanks in advance for any advice.

BTW, here's pics of them as they usually sleep:
100_0010.jpg

100_0011.jpg

These are the less typical positions they've slept in:
100_0439.jpg

100_0443.jpg

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
The first two girls we had were best friends and slept like that a LOT. One of these days I will find pics of the way they slept and post them.

dolcedragon

Sub-Adult Member
Hmm.. the name Nexus- are you a gamer? Anyway I know exactly what you mean about trying to get the two to get along. My two LOVE to cuddle up when they are tired, about an hour before lights out, they are SO sweet to one another. Then I have to put them in their separate cages. In the day when they are awake I can't let them even see each other. The exception to that is if we are outside or in the car. Then I guess they are so busy paying attention to their surroundings they aren't interested in sparring?

I think it is friendly behavior. Obviously they prefer to be solitary but occasionally seem to like to know they aren't the only lizard in the world. I like the second picture. They're like dangit I'm tryin to sleep here!

If you find a trick to get them to play nice inside during the day, let me know about it!

Ethelia

Extreme Poster
Oh how cute!
I let out a loud "awwwwww" when I saw these pics ^_^

I love the second one. Double bleary "what ARE you doing woman?" eye.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhacaiuytinco1
Top Bottom