Frequent poops + more glass surfing?

HyperLollipop

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Herman
Hi! I have a bearded dragon who is about 18 months old, we've had him since October of 2022. For the last couple of months, he's been pooping about once a week, maybe twice. He recently began eating more and more greens on his own (thankfully!) but his pooping schedule remained the same. However, this week he pooped about five times (never more than once a day) and the poops have mostly been smaller than usual. He has also been glass surfing a lot. Usually I remedy this by taking him out and letting him run around the living room for a few minutes but it doesn't always work, and the glass surfing has been increasing a lot. He hasn't glass surfed this much since he was a baby.
I would like to add that last Saturday (a week ago from today) we added a new piece of decor to his enclosure. Could it be from stress because we added that? Is it because he is eating more greens? Or is it his body coming out of the winter slow down? (He did not brumate)
Please advise. Thanks!

Last edited:

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Hi! I have a bearded dragon who is about 18 months old, we've had him since October of 2022. For the last couple of months, he's been pooping about once a week, maybe twice. He recently began eating more and more greens on his own (thankfully!) but his pooping schedule remained the same. However, this week he pooped about five times (never more than once a day) and the poops have mostly been smaller than usual. He has also been glass surfing a lot. Usually I remedy this by taking him out and letting him run around the living room for a few minutes but it doesn't always work, and the glass surfing has been increasing a lot. He hasn't glass surfed this much since he was a baby.
I would like to add that last Saturday (a week ago from today) we added a new piece of decor to his enclosure. Could it be from stress because we added that? Is it because he is eating more greens? Or is it his body coming out of the winter slow down? (He did not brumate)
Please advise. Thanks!
Spring zoomies leave him out for like 2 hrs ---- he will adjust to the new decor -- dragons dont like change-- the smaller poops happen when the are doing the glass surfing -- hes fine

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom