Free beardie but possible impaction needs to see a vet

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a very pretty and great temperament male bearded dragon he has a possible impaction and needs to see a vet which I can't afford right now I love him dearly and I'm choosing to part with him I live in amityville,ny he needs to see a vet ASAP
6df34ca9.jpg
7a42f479.jpg

Esther19

BD.org Addict
We can help you try to solve the impaction issue while you decide whether you want to re-home him.
In any event, he needs help faster than someone can probably get him. What have you tried so far to get him to make a pooper?

Jlashley0723

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I have tried warm bathed with veg. Oil & baby food with veg. Oil got a flood light and got the temps to 109 and I'm thinking its mbd because it causes constipation and I have a repti glo for about a year changing it tomorrow to a reptisun 10.0

Esther19

BD.org Addict
Great that you're changing the light! Try some canned pumpkin without spices or baby food prunes. Try a couple more drops of oil.

Will he drink some water if you drip it on his nose with a dropper or syringe, or even your fingers. I'd give 2 baths per day. He might be dehydrated. Make the water a little warmer and a little deeper than usual, but do not leave him alone. The increased temp and exercise from swimming motions might encourage a pooper.

I would recommend switching the sand out for newspaper as soon as you possibly can. Loose substrates can cause impaction. later, if you keep him, you can switch the newspaper out for tile, or such.

Please let us know how he is doing.

Jlashley0723

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
The first time I saw him drink in a year was in the bath yesterday while I was massaging his tummy and the sand was and old pic he was on tile but I took it out and put paper to monitor him but and ill try and get some pumpkin or prunes and the deeper bath

Esther19

BD.org Addict
Thanks for doing everything possible to help your guy. I can tell that you are quite attached to him. Hopefully, he will make a pooper soon. Hang in there!

Jlashley0723

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I am really attached to him if you only knew what I went thru to keep him and now I go to buy the reptisun and no one has them

Jlashley0723

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I snuck him in when I move to my wife moms house so no one knows I have him but now I can get a bulb shipped here

Jlashley0723

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
That's actually exactly what happen I am gunna have it shipped over night he doesn't the the repti glo he actually ran the moment I turned it on lol

Jlashley0723

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I know but figured he needed some kind of uvb till I found a way to get one but i turned it of it should be here by monday hopefully can he be without uvb that long

Esther19

BD.org Addict
He will be fine that long. Do you live somewhere warm where you could take him out for a bit of natural sunshine?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dobby2012
Top Bottom