Freaked Out!

Status
Not open for further replies.

chyt0wn1

Yesterday, I brought my BD outside on the screened patio. My BD was fine at first just looking around. Then out of no where she flipped out and took off trying to hide under anything she could. I picked her up and held her for a little bit then what ever it was freaked her out again. Any help on what it could be? I was thinking that maybe the different smells outside.

Lsorrent

Juvie Member
A bird? A plane? A loud car?

My beardies go nuts when they're outside and a plane flies over. Planes look like big birds, and birds are their natural predators. It's only natural for them to freak out when they see them.

chyt0wn1

Original Poster
TRUE! Makes sense, I just thought she might like it out their to feel the breeze and natural sun... is there any way of getting them used to being out there?

Ethelia

Extreme Poster
Hi there,
I really wouldnt worry. Your girl is still new to you and to wide open spaces, something probably just spooked her and her immediate instinct was to hide.

If you are keen to get her used to the outside you could try taking her out in a box or a container.
Dex frequently took trips to the vets and the pet store (she liked to pick out her food!) and I would transport her in an old hamster habitat (probably about a 20gal size clear rectangular contanier. I picked it up from a charity shop for £1). She'd sit in there with a blanket and hot waterbottle and love watching the world going by. She would occationally venture out of it but then retreat back into the warmth when she fancied.

Holly

peera

Sub-Adult Member
If your dragons are the cuddly type, holding them while you're outside can make them feel safer. Gibby prefers to watch the world from my shoulder, not the ground because he knows I won't let the scary things get him.

chyt0wn1

Original Poster
Great idea! But I am afraid she will jump and get hurt! she will stay on my hands for a little bit but then she gets all "I want to go back to my basking area"... what should I do to make her feel more comfortable in my hands?

Kazul

Depending on the size, there's those velcro ferret harnesses that could probably fit a beardie properly. Attactch a leash and there you go. ^^ If your BD jumps, there's the harness and leash to keep them from hitting the ground. ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peapthis
Top Bottom