Franklin went a'Traveling

Status
Not open for further replies.

RandyMarsh

Sub-Adult Member
Turned my head for 5 minutes and he went and hid himself somewhere and now i can't find him!! I'm hoping he'll roam his way back out from wherever he is when he gets bored or hungry. Any advice? It's not too cold just lots of stuff everywhere.

RioReptiles

Sub-Adult Member
Aww, they never go very far but can hide very well and in places you'd never expect. I don't know how big or old he is, but once he cools down, he may hide out for a while without coming out. Just start looking in all the tight places close by.

RandyMarsh

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
RioReptiles":38143qt6 said:
Aww, they never go very far but can hide very well and in places you'd never expect. I don't know how big or old he is, but once he cools down, he may hide out for a while without coming out. Just start looking in all the tight places close by.

He's about 17 inches and fat. Pretty white-ish, but he's already cooled down by now, we've eliminated all the close normal spots, but there's still some places to check. I'm just hoping he'll come out on his own when he gets hungry. That's a possibility right?

Mediabandit

Sub-Adult Member
They are like babies, never turn your back for even a second or they will be gone. Like you have found out.
One thing you can try is to get a plastic bag, put some crickets in it, fill it with air, tie it off and place it in the middle of the floor. He will be able to hear them rustling around in it and that should urge him to come out.
Good luck finding the little guy.

RandyMarsh

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Mediabandit":1nzbx0w6 said:
They are like babies, never turn your back for even a second or they will be gone. Like you have found out.
One thing you can try is to get a plastic bag, put some crickets in it, fill it with air, tie it off and place it in the middle of the floor. He will be able to hear them rustling around in it and that should urge him to come out.
Good luck finding the little guy.

I'll try it thanks

RandyMarsh

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
thanks guys, im pretty bummed out right now waiting for him to make his move but it's nighttime now so I'm sure wherever he is he's cold and sleeping it up. Just worried in case he gets into some place he can't get out of :(

reddragon087

Juvie Member
if you have a heating pad place it on the floor and put a towel over it and maybe he will come nestle on it, it would
be a warm spot for him to sleep on rather than being somewhere cold.

RandyMarsh

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Still tearing the house apart looking for him. Driving me crazy :(
The area we are looking in is REALLY small too so it's not like he could have really gone anywhere...
I know he's getting all cold now :banghead:

FranktheTank

Gray-bearded Member
How are you, how's the search going?

-Kaleen
If you haven't found him yet, I would set up a basking area in the middle of the floor with his heat lamp and maybe his favorite stick. Also looking in tight spaces is good, but don't forget about the obvious ones too. I'm sure when he's out for playtime he goes to a few spots all the time, I'd try there. When Frank decided to roam free, we looked all over, in all the tight crazy spots and underneath everything, in the couch, and under the beds. After a long while I got thirsty so I went in the kitchen for water, and there he was under the table on the cold tile floor sound asleep! You'll find him, I know it!!

-Kaleen

RandyMarsh

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Thanks Kaleen I'm going to try that. I am hoping he goes back to his normal spots when he wakes up. It's been all night. Haven't got much sleep AND i have class in an hour. I'm going to setup some stuff on the floor and hope for the best when i get back.

Keep your fingers crossed for me guys it's been a rough one :(

ChiefsDaddy

Gray-bearded Member
I hope you find him soon. At his size, it is possible that he crawled into a dark place to brumate. So don't be afraid if you don't see him when you get back.

RandyMarsh

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
ChiefsDaddy":33ifpz2t said:
I hope you find him soon. At his size, it is possible that he crawled into a dark place to brumate. So don't be afraid if you don't see him when you get back.

yeah that's sorta what im afraid of... Plus my gf is freaking out and thinks he's lost for good so that's not helping anything. I've set up a nest for him in the living room floor where he always roams when he's making his rounds. Hopefully he'll find it while I'm at school, and at least he ate like a piglet yesterday so I know he's not gonna starve just yet.

Will update later after classes, thanks for the support everyone :?

Kratoskeeper

Hatchling Member
I really hope you find your beardie, I'm sure it will be fine but i know what it's like to freak out when you lose an animal :( Good luck to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miss_michelle421
Top Bottom