Frankenstein :]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just wanted to pop in and say that I am in love with Frankenstein's name (and his beautiful colors!). The original Frankenstein, the one in the novel by Mary Shelley, wasn't even called a monster for the most part. Shelley calls it "the creation," so as not to give it a negative connotation. The "monster" itself is portrayed as a caring, intelligent, thoughtful, hideously misunderstood creature who was only seeking someone to love. I think that is a very good namesake.

nixlibs

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
aww thanks so much :D I appreciate your comment a lot, you prove a great point and a similar point in why I named him Frankenstein. Plus another reason was I just loved the name and wanted to be original :mrgreen:

Just an update on him too his whole body is in shed so as soon as he comes out of it I will post new pictures. I can't wait I can already see red around his mouth and more on his body coming in.

nixlibs

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Ok so Frank is still in shed but I had to post these pictures I thought they were hilarious and they truly show how tough and in charge he thinks he is haha....

IMG_1135.jpg

So I found him like this the other day....

IMG_1136.jpg

Haha he thinks he's the man

IMG_1137.jpg

"yea, that's right...." hahaha

I measured him about 2 days ago and he grew an inch maybe even an inch and a half but he wouldn't sit still so oh well... basically the point is he's growing :D He's going to be almost 2 and half months soon yay!

Also I thought maybe I'd add some pictures of my albino jungle, he feels a bit left out. His name is Jake and he is about 2 years old.
IMG_1142.jpg

IMG_1143.jpg

Just like Frankenstein, Jake's colors come out more as he grows and he is by far not done growing. So he's technically a growing baby too.

nixlibs

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I took some new pictures a few days ago (11/14/09) of Frankenstein in shed, pretty much of what's left, his head and back. This is his 2nd shed. The lighting is pretty poor but I really dont know how to use a camera and lighting together I'm a newbie at that, maybe some suggestions? Anyway here are the pictures...

IMG_1177.jpg

IMG_1176.jpg

His colors are coming in nice, and even though the picture may not show it, he is really orange and has a yellow head hehe :D oh and he still has his tiger stripes more than ever!

I also noticed the other day he has too nibbled fingers along with his nibbled tail :( but he's still healthy and growing which is all that matters really. He is about 9inches now and he is 2 1/2 months, so he's on track :mrgreen: .

nixlibs

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
MattL":24a6e said:
Frankenstein is Adoreable!!!
So are You NixLibs!!!
:banghead:

oh matt you FINALLY used the site....took you long enough...seeing that he is your pet tooooo

nixlibs

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
thanks everyone :D he's growing so fast it's amazing, i can barley keep up. Every week I'm asking myself wow did he grow another inch?

nixlibs

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
new update since i haven't in a while...
ok so frank is about like about 3 months and 11 1/2 inches now w his lil tail nip I discovered just recently.

I looked on some growth chart and he seems to be right on track which is good.

He's in shed right now too. Just shed off part of his tail yesterday.

IMG_1288.jpg

here he is with his white belly :D

IMG_1307.jpg

he's getting so big so fast it's really amazing to look back at the first few pictures I took when I first brought him home.

IMG_1296.jpg

Decided to explore what my camera can do since I know NOTHING about cameras....I thought this came out pretty cool ha

nixlibs

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
**UPDATE**

Frankensteins doing great except it seems like he has slowed down a lot with growing, not sure if this is a bad thing. He is about 12 inches now when a month ago he was like 11 1/2. Either he grew half an inch in a month or maybe I measured wrong :? I don't know... He seems very healthy so that's the main thing.

Anyway here are the pics...

IMG_1327.jpg

IMG_1325-1.jpg

IMG_1322.jpg

:mrgreen:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bk8chinhthuc
Top Bottom