Found Ton's of Different Roach Specie's as Feeder's and Pets

Status
Not open for further replies.

RuselBro

Juvie Member
Go to the Link Please, it is a Site with a Huge Selection of Big Roach Specie's being Sold as Feeder's and Pet's.

http://shop.bugsincyberspace.com/Cockroaches_c4.htm

I would like a different option than Dubia, I'm sorry I just don't give into the Hype. Lol.
I would like Info, Fact's, Opinion's, Stories about the Different Specie's as Feeder's. i'm sure some of you haven't even Heard of some as these, so this could be a Learning Experience for us all, and maybe other option's for Feeder's. Take a Look and give me your input! xD

RuselBro

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I'm really liking the "Blaberus fusca Cockroach". It breed's Faster than Discoid's and Orange Death Head's. It's about 2 inches long and Meaty. And basic care is like for Dubia or Discoid's.

unkempt1

Juvie Member
What do you mean you don't give into the hype? They seem like a slightly larger and slightly more expensive version of dubia, with the same care and characteristics. Go for it and tell us how it goes. :)

RuselBro

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Haha Alright, I heard from someone that Disoid's are a close Cousin to Dubia's, and these Fuscas are basically like Discoid's, but the Fusca Breed's faster, and is a little Bigger, and the Fusca is alos called "Cave Roach" and there is also another Specie's of Fusca called the "Dwarf Cave Roach" which is about the same size as Dubia.

I just really want a Roach that Breed's fast, and these Fusca sound like a good over looked Fast Breeding Feeder.

unkempt1

Juvie Member
Man I really want you to try a different breed and let us know your findings! Try the best one you think and let me know. I mean it! :twisted:

I did my research (and I wish I took notes because I did a LOT of research), but these were the four biggest things I took into account:
1. Potential infestation
2. Stinkyness (only a close second, some of these breeds have scent defense mechanisms)
3. Ease of care (nutrition, sexing, escape prevention, etc.)
4. Affordability in purchase and care

If one of those beat dubias, I really do want to now. Challenge accepted? :eek:

burt1016

Juvie Member
This is actually really interesting. Some of these roaches look way more roachier :shock: Which is a bit scary..

The Panchlora nivea or Green Banana roach looks really interesting. It seems that more chameleon hobbyists breed these though. But the fact that they're bright green is awesome!

RuselBro

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Haha well, you are going to hate me xD I went to ReptiCon Atlanta today, planning on buying some kind of Feeder Roach to breed, I found 3 Different Specie's of Hisser's, and another Specie's that was round. black with white spot's. It's actually on that link up there. Then I found 200 Dubia nymph's for $15, and was like SCREW THAT NOISE! Then I saw "Carolina Designer Dragon's" and they had 9 Adult Female & 1 Adult Male for $10 even, so I got that! xD Was that a good deal?? But yeah, hopefully these will work out and start me a little Colony in a few Month's, then I'll have to add some more to clean up the Gene pool. Lol.

unkempt1

Juvie Member
You did get a good deal. Most places sell females for about $1.50 to $2 each and males for twenty five to fifty cents each. You just should have gotten more of them, because it will take awhile with so few adults. :) But if you are doing this as a hobby first, and feeders second, I think you will really enjoy raising them!

RuselBro

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Well I plan on seeing how fast they breed and make sure they wont die off to soon, and if everything work's out I will uase them as feeder's and buy some more for a Bigger Colony. Also the Male Died this Morning, so i'm contacting them to see if they will fix the problem. I know for a fact it did not die cause of me. Lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stump5150!
Top Bottom