Found the lizard!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, its been 2 weeks. I've been praying...looking...
I know some won't believe it...but, I prayed to my blessed mother...who's been gone 5 years now, and she told me to look behind the computer desk. Now, I know. I had said I'd look, but had put it off...this morning, it was "GO LOOK NOW!!!"
Well, time got away, and the hubby was busy, so I finally got the mirror, and the flashlight together. We decided to put the 2-drawer file cabinet on a rug (so it won't scratch the wood floor again). He has me pushing the rug under the file cabinet, and when it gets to the point where it goes no further, he steps behind it and pulls it forward. He then tells me '"you'd better sit down over there." What? "I found your lizard".
Poor Tanker had his nose up against the wood, just like he always does. He was covered with dust bunnies...and cold. I put him in warm water, and he started shaking like crazy, but that didn't last long...his eyes are open, and he's doing great!
I've got about 4 live crickets left, and will give him the rest of the worms...dusted of course! Plus, some new spring greens.
Oh, I was crying! Well, he's been soaking for about 10 minutes. So, I'd better get him fed. (the kids are keeping watch over him).
I'm blocking off that area.
The DH says no more letting him run around unsupervised. Hate when he's right.
:blob5: :blob8:
Happy day!
Thanks for everything guys! You're the best!!!!
Liz

Pamela

Hatchling Member
Wow iam so happy you found Tanker,Poor little guy.What a couple of weeks you all had.I bet it is time to have a party!!!Yay.. Pamela :D

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
They can get into the smallest places. When we were given our first two beardies we closed the bedroom door to keep them in there only to see the largest one (both adults) walk under the closed door. We took the door of it's hinges and added a square piece of wood that kept her from getting out of the bedroom when we didn't want them to.

I'm glad you found him! I was keeping track of that thread hoping to hear good news ever time someone posted another idea on how to find him.

Embee

Gray-bearded Member
Hello!

Congratulations on finding the lizard! I'd be crying too...

I'm new to this forum and was reading your thread for the first time a few days ago. Since, I've been following it along and hoping and hoping for you. It's wonderful to hear that Tanker is once again amongst his family, and that your prayers have been answered. (Would like to say too that I totally understood the "humor for levity" in your original post. I tend toward the same myself). :mrgreen:

The best to you, your family, and Tanker. May he warm up, eat up and live free--but perhaps not QUITE as free--once more. :wink:

Em

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
I forgot to mention earlier that we both were crying when we found Miss O and she was only outside all night. Thankfully it was in September in Southern AZ and the overnight cold them was 60f. She came back to the front door the next am, about 11am after she'd warmed up. We were so surprized to see her as since we didn't find her the evening before, we didn't think we would see her again. What happened was at about 3:30 pm and the school bus had dropped of it's load of kids at the corner of our lot and then backed up like it usually does to go back to it's next stop and she freeked out at that sound. It only seemed to be when a school bus backed up with it's beep. She had lost part of her tail and we suspect that it had something to do with kids. We never heard the story of how she lost it but her total fear of that certain beep tells us that's probably what happened. She never ran away or freeked out at anything else.

twyliteskyz

Hatchling Member
yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thats the best ever! i believe that our loved ones do help us out from time to time when we ask or need it most, im sure she knows how much it meant for you to find him ! congrats!

Krisymof2

Hatchling Member
I've been following your thread since you first posted. I'm so happy for you and Tanker!! Little Booger! Post some new pics if you can, we wanna see him back in his home, cozy & safe!

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That is great that you found Tanker! :blob5: :blob5: He was a naughty little boy running off & hiding like that to give you gray hairs!

Tracie

munchkins9802

Gray-bearded Member
I am so happy for you! Tell your dear husband next time you are going to look there on your own. Glad he seems tobe doing well

Julianne

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miss_michelle421
Top Bottom