Found bearded dragon outside

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Oh no, mites! What a humongous pain that is.
As suggested, definitely take all wood items out to soak & bake them. Just use paper towels or newspaper for him while sanitizing everything. A daily bath in betadine should take care of it, soaking him 15-20 minutes or so should be good enough.
He can't catch a break, poor guy! Otherwise, is he doing good & eating?

Tracie

sisserydoo

Original Poster
Sorry I haven't posted much. I just started a new teaching job, and my daughter is getting married this Sat. so I have a lot going on! Things should calm down soon, and I can spend more time with my new buddy :D

He is still doing well. Gaining weight, I haven't weighed him, but I can tell just by picking him up that he's heavier. I've been giving him betadine baths, and rubbing some on his sore with a q-tip. I've been trying to get as close to his eyes as possible without getting in them. That really freaks him out! The baths have really helped with his shedding too. He had some very thick patches of built up skin on his sides, and those have come off.

Still trying to find time for the vet. He's seems to be very healthy other than the topics we've discussed. Please keep giving me tips on his care!

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It sounds like you're doing a great job. Thanks for the updates! I'm glad to hear the retained shed came off. That's probably a big relief for him. How is the betadine doing against the mites?

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That is great, it sounds like he is eating well & gaining weight, too. I am sure he is very happy to have a wonderful home now. :D You are very busy! Hope things calm down soon so you can spend more time with him.
I am glad to hear he is getting better though. Keep us posted on him.

Tracie

sisserydoo

Original Poster
Sorry I haven't updated in a while. Yes, he's doing well. He has the most hilarious personality, I'm so glad we found him! He's kind of a pain in the butt about his veggies though, because although he loves them and eats a lot, he's so excited that he gets in his dish and does this digging thing, flipping veggies all over his tank!

I think the mites are gone. Could that be the case after just one betadine bath? I've looked him over very carefully multiple times. I don't know if I want to give him another betadine bath because he loves his bath and splashes around like a maniac. I think it might gets in his eyes and mouth.

He's so different from when we first found him. He was very subdued back then, I guess he's feeling a lot better :)

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That is terrific, sometimes just one good treatment can get rid of the mites. Especially if you cleaned out the tank well & there weren't anymore around.
It sounds like he is having fun playing in his food! LOL I guess he is just happy that he has food. If you can get a video of him flipping his food around, that would be so funny.
It appears he has settled in very well & is happy now. I am glad you are enjoying him so much.

Tracie

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
I just read this thread. I'm glad you found him. It seems like he's become part of the family and is used to you. I'm glad he's doing better.

sisserydoo

Original Poster
An update on our found bearded dragon. He has become a real member of the family and is a real sweetheart. His name is Randall...he was propped up against the glass one day and looked just like Randall off of Monster's Inc, so that's how he got his name.

He is doing well, gaining weight, and is real little pig. He's so unlike our other one (Xerxes) who has always been a picky eater. The mites seem to be gone. He does seem to have some shedding/skin issues that seem to come and go. He always seems to have some spot or another that is shedding, and sheds in much thicker layers than I am used to with Xerxes.

I still have not taken him to the vet for his chin, but it looks exactly the same and doesn't seem to interfere with his life at all. I have a week off at the end of October, so that's when I plan to take him.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I am so happy to hear that Randall is part of your family now! :D It sounds like he is doing very well & is so happy with you.
He sounds very endearing & lovable, too. I think it is safe to say he has fully adjusted to his new home.
You can give more frequent baths if he seems to be having trouble with his sheds. Some tend to have more problems with shedding than others do. He sounds like eating isn't a problem for him, either. If he is gaining weight, that is definitely a positive thing!
At least his chin hasn't really gotten any worse & isn't bothering him, either.
I am happy it has turned out so well for everyone, bless little Randall.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brikev9799
Top Bottom