found a beardie

Status
Not open for further replies.

tweetravenlock

basically i found a beardie in my front lawn about 3 weeks ago and i was just rather curious on what type he is? he's just over a foot long and has made himself quite comfortable. ive basically fallen in love with him :love5: and i was just curious about him ive never really seen one as colorful as he is. :study:
043011185809.jpg

042911203550.jpg

lauraj1055

Gray-bearded Member
Wow, you found a beardie on your front lawn?? Where do you live? I wonder if a neighbor is missing him or her because doesn't look like a wild beardie...

Sashee

Sub-Adult Member
You may want to put up flyers. Someone may be missing their beloved pet. And if not, then keep him! :)

gulfbrzdawn

BD.org Addict
Aww! What a cute little guy! :D
I agree... he is more than likely someone's pet that somehow escaped... or they let him go, as we all know this happens. We do not have wild beardie's here in FL or any other state for that matter. Posting flyers in your neighborhood would be a great idea. These little guys can definitely wiggle their way into our hearts, so I can understand you falling in love with him. However, there may be a broken hearted person out there that lost their beloved beardie. :(
He looks really good for a lost beardie. Maybe a bit wrinkly in the bottom pic, but otherwise healthy looking.
Is he eating okay for you? What are you feeding him? Do you have a UVB and heat for him?
Have you bathed him for hydration?

JenFid

Sub-Adult Member
Agreed with the above posters, and I would also let any of your local vets know. I found an adorable italian greyhound awhile back and called the vets when I got her home, and someone had already called them letting them know they had lost the same dog if anyone brought it in, heh.

volvotech

Hatchling Member
As cute as he is, definitely a good idea to talk to your neighbors. I recently found my lost bearded dragon, and it would be pretty upsetting to have had someone else get to her first. A Craigslist as or two might locate the owner.

Denduran87

Juvie Member
may just be me but in that second pic i don't believe it looks all that healthy. Skin seems to be quite wrinkled?

lauraj1055

Gray-bearded Member
Denduran87":3hcb63wx said:
may just be me but in that second pic i don't believe it looks all that healthy. Skin seems to be quite wrinkled?

yeah, it does look skinny and wrinkled, it may have been lost or let loose, so out on it's own for awhile.. hopefully it's doing better...

Let us know how she/he is doing!

tweetravenlock

Original Poster
i live out in the middle of nowhere on 3 acres of land not in a neighbor hood.i did post some flyers and no responses around the area. he is eating just fine and the 2nd pick was taken 3 days after i found him. hes much healthier now. i do have everything necessary i need to take care of him. he seems very happy

Denduran87

Juvie Member
tweetravenlock":eo3e9nzp said:
i live out in the middle of nowhere on 3 acres of land not in a neighbor hood.i did post some flyers and no responses around the area. he is eating just fine and the 2nd pick was taken 3 days after i found him. hes much healthier now. i do have everything necessary i need to take care of him. he seems very happy
Thats good if no one takes claim to him i"m sure he has a good home.

Atrax

Sub-Adult Member
Wow, you found a beardie!!! :shock: Who would let loose such a pretty animal to die out there :cry: He is so pretty, you can consider yourself lucky that you got such a wonderful pet beardie!
I'm glad you found him and are taking good care of him. KUDOS points go to you! :)
Is he doing fine now? I bet he was all alone outside for quite some time if he got that skinny, but in first pic he looks very healthy and adorable too. :love5:

Check this site out for care-sheet and other info on beardies: http://beardeddragoncaresheet.weebly.com/index.html
And good luck with that little bugger! :blob5: :blob8: :blob5:

Wow, it followed me home I swear doesnt normally work with dragons lol. Congratz to you! Would love to see pictures of how hes doing now. Wonder how the colours are now that hes being taken care of.

tweetravenlock

Original Poster
he's doing wonderful he's in the middle of shedding at the moment. he's quite the Adonis he loves to check him self out in the mirror
mail
this pic was taken a few days ago

He looks like a citrus morph of sorts from the orange colors he's flaunting. He does seem a bit dehydrated in some of the photos. That could be from being out on his own awhile though. Some baths and veggies should easily clear that up if that's all that's going on with him. Lucky he found you if no one claims him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoseofChaos
Top Bottom