Foster Dragon (Now a Foster fail)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SHBailey

Gray-bearded Member
Glad to hear that Ziva's getting better.

Sounds like your baby is well on her way to becoming a voracious little predator and being able to eat a variety of stuff, which is a good thing, and now you know she can handle it if you ever have a batch of bsfl morph into flies on you again. :wink:

Don't blame you for being afraid of wasps. We get them around here in the summer and wow, does it ever hurt when they sting! :shock:

GeckoGarden

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
SHBailey":3gaqusg7 said:
Glad to hear that Ziva's getting better.

Sounds like your baby is well on her way to becoming a voracious little predator and being able to eat a variety of stuff, which is a good thing, and now you know she can handle it if you ever have a batch of bsfl morph into flies on you again. :wink:

Don't blame you for being afraid of wasps. We get them around here in the summer and wow, does it ever hurt when they sting! :shock:

Funny thing is I can work in my pond and have them hanging out with me as they drink, no fear there unless they try and buzz in my face, but man, I think it stems from never being stung or bit by one.

It’s so weird to have a dragon who can not only chase prey but catch it to!

Pretty sure I’ll have more flys here soon, her last batch of worms are giving me a few flys each day, so fun bugs for her to hunt!

I really want to take her outside to bask but last week it was way to hot, and this week it’s way to cold!

SHBailey

Gray-bearded Member
Enjoy having one who doesn't need you to catch her bugs for her. Ours is a lousy shot with his tongue. :roll:

You know you people in California don't know what "cold" is, right? :wink: I used to live there, but here in Alaska it's rarely warm enough to take a beardie outside, even in the summer, except for that insane heatwave we had last year -- 90 degrees F on the 4th of July -- broke a record for Anchorage. :shock: Too hot for me -- I've been here for almost 25 years and survived the winters. But our beardie isn't used to being outside so it's just too much strangeness for him. He seems content to stay indoors and worship light bulbs, especially the one with the "pretty color" (UV T5 10.0 HO).

Yeah, I know. Trying to keep a bearded dragon in Alaska is just nuts. :p

GeckoGarden

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
SHBailey":3k8y3z8r said:
Enjoy having one who doesn't need you to catch her bugs for her. Ours is a lousy shot with his tongue. :roll:

You know you people in California don't know what "cold" is, right? :wink: I used to live there, but here in Alaska it's rarely warm enough to take a beardie outside, even in the summer, except for that insane heatwave we had last year -- 90 degrees F on the 4th of July -- broke a record for Anchorage. :shock: Too hot for me -- I've been here for almost 25 years and survived the winters. But our beardie isn't used to being outside so it's just too much strangeness for him. He seems content to stay indoors and worship light bulbs, especially the one with the "pretty color" (UV T5 10.0 HO).

Yeah, I know. Trying to keep a bearded dragon in Alaska is just nuts. :p

I’m very thankful I don’t know true cold. I have enough time pain wise with the Winters we have. It hardly got above 70°f today, when usually this time a year it’s in the 90°f. I’m not complaining though means more time I can spend outside with out Over heating.

That does not sound fun!!

GeckoGarden

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Oh man. She’s living up to her name. ?

I was finally able to go to work and see her vet in person today (yay no more working opposite day’s!) and I was telling her about how sassy Spitfire is, and how she’s doing the whole puff up, tilt to side then launch at me. We had a good chuckle over it.

She’s 14.5 grams today and started eating her greens on her own instead of me tricking her into eating them.

I got Ziva some seeds to sprout to get veggie sprouts and I’m very excited to offer them to Spitfire as they are her sized. No chopping too.

SHBailey

Gray-bearded Member
Making progress :) Eating greens on her own already -- wow. :blob8:

Last summer my husband planted collards, endive, and mustard greens for our beardie (Puff). The only thing that did well was the mustard greens -- they even had little yellow flowers. The collards and endives barely got past their first little leaves, but he still picked some for Puff. Summers are short in Alaska.

GeckoGarden

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
SHBailey":27rvj587 said:
Making progress :) Eating greens on her own already -- wow. :blob8:

Last summer my husband planted collards, endive, and mustard greens for our beardie (Puff). The only thing that did well was the mustard greens -- they even had little yellow flowers. The collards and endives barely got past their first little leaves, but he still picked some for Puff. Summers are short in Alaska.

I did endive this winter/spring. But then Ziva went on her weird I’m not going to eat as much phase so I didn’t get to really use it. Some of the endives currently flowering so I’m hoping for some seeds from it.

It gets to hot to really do lettuce outside here, and inside my roommates cat won’t leave it alone. ? If I had room for a 75 gallon I’d be turning that into an indoor veggie garden.

GeckoGarden

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
44170-969241718.jpg
7inches and 20 grams of pure I will fight you.

44170-392262298.jpg

She’s got some amazing color for a Sandfire dragon.
(Ignore the background it was late and that was my only light source.)

SHBailey

Gray-bearded Member
At least she looks a little more well behaved in the two most recent photos, but I suppose that looks can be decieving. :wink:

GeckoGarden

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
SHBailey":3ibb5e3r said:
At least she looks a little more well behaved in the two most recent photos, but I suppose that looks can be decieving. :wink:
Oh no, I get bit every time I stick my hand in her cage. She just finally gives up after a bit of me holding her.

She had her first tinny raspberry treat yesterday. It was a bit hit.

Ziva got to try blueberries, she did not like them.
44170-3743792949.jpg
She promptly spit it out and got it all over her cage

SHBailey

Gray-bearded Member
The one nice thing about shedding is that it doesn't last forever, except maybe for an older beardie like ours who always seems to have a little patch trying to shed somewhere. Fortunately, it doesn't seem to bother him too much.

Our beardie has never liked fruit or berries -- not into sugar, I guess. I sort of envy him. I'd probably be better off myself if I didn't like sugar as much as I do. :oops: We tried him on strawberries once and he ran through the dish and left little strawberry footprints almost all the way back to his basking platform. :lol: Didn't even taste them. So much for "sweets." At least he likes squash. :roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom