Former Beardie Mom... New Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slave2Scarlett

Gray-bearded Member
So just a little history.. My husband & I bought our first bearded dragon in 2010, Scarlett, & we had her for 3 years & then I became pregnant with my first child (2013) so we decided to rehome her with a friend & she currently resides in sunny Florida... ok so now that my son is 3 we are thinking of getting another one. Before we got Scarlett & after I frequented this forum ALOT making sure everything was perfect.. We built the “Crossfire” enclosure & everything... I’m just wanting to know since 2013 what things have changed? If any... Regarding care, food, enclosures etc. Thanks!!

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there ! I remember when you posted here in the past. Care is still the same, and if you post pics of your set up + how you had it set up then someone can chime in if something needs adjusting. Were you planning on getting a baby, a juvie or larger ?

Slave2Scarlett

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
AHBD":1pl0lflw said:
Hi there ! I remember when you posted here in the past. Care is still the same, and if you post pics of your set up + how you had it set up then someone can chime in if something needs adjusting. Were you planning on getting a baby, a juvie or larger ?

Hi!!
Yes I have many old threads but no pictures bc apparently you have to pay for tiny pic now lol.. I remember you too :) When we rehomed Scarlett we sent her nice Viv & everything so we will be building a new one.. We would like to get a baby... Things are still in the talking stage as of now lol.. Think I’ve convinced my husband.. Didn’t take much.. I’ve been doing some reading and ran across the Solar meter... Those are new to me.. What are they?

ryknoll3

One bit of advice that has changed in the past 4-5 years from what I've seen is that T5 UVB lights are the recommended go-to now. I just got my first dragon in September, and the forum posts I read on recommmended setups must've been older, as they all recommended T8 bulbs. Anything posted in the past couple of years have recommended T5's.

I'm building my guy a Crossfire enclosure too since he's getting bigger and will switch to a T5 setup for UVB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kiricowell
Top Bottom