Food size

Status
Not open for further replies.

azteacher

DixieLonestar20x":1qih85rw said:
how big is your beardie? young juveniles needs pinheads if at all possible.

there isn't such thing as to small of food. the smaller the better if you are unsure. just means your dragon will have to eat a couple more if they are smaller than he would normally eat :D
I think that's what happened to my baby... trusting their expertise at the big chain pet store, they gave me baby crickets that were borderline too large for him. He probably was having digestive issues. :(

ndowens

Original Poster
DixieLonestar20x":22at22jg said:
i would advise ordering online. either dubia roaches or crickets. i would aim to get pinheads, though he MAY be able to handle the small ones instead. hard for me to say that though without seeing him. if he is 4-6 inches excluding the tail i am sure that he could do the small pretty easily! Get online and order you some and for now just make sure you give him the smallest ones you can. if you must you can always get repti-worms and a vibrating bowl and that will get you out of a bind until your crickets come in. very nutritional and can easily sustain him until you get your order of live prey in :D

When I got back home, i think he would be 4-6 inches including tail.

ndowens

Original Poster
I gave him some of the top off a small piece of broccoli, I noticed it says to feed rarely, in which I don't plan on feeding it all the time to him, just want him to eat a little bit of something til I can get him some crickets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
camila
Top Bottom