food hiding

Status
Not open for further replies.

lillahine

As soon as i drop the roaches in they hide in either the rock log or get under the carpet. The little suckers hide before she can eat them. Or maybe she just isnt hungry? I have tried putting her in in a seperate area to eat so they wouldnt hide but she was way stressed out and tried getting out. I also tried feeding with these tweezers things and shes not interested.i would hate to take everything out at feeding time because i read it could stress her out if things get changed in her tank. I have only had her for 2 weeks so i really wouldnt want to stress her out anymore

XyGorf

Considering that you've only had the animal for two weeks, I'd say that you're in a bit of a hurry... They tend to take some time to get settled in before they will feed properly. Try putting the feeders in a smooth, deepish container (shallow enough so that the beardie can get in but deep enough so that the insects can't get out) and just leave them where the lizzard can see them. If she's hungry she'll go for them.

As for changing stuff in the enclosure, I reckon they actually enjoy the change of scenery once in a while. Beardies are like children... How they end up behaving depends on how you raised them... Once she's settled, try hand feeding. This helps with the taming process.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rootie
Top Bottom