flynn acting strange

Status
Not open for further replies.

vinnieg

hi
can some one please give me some advise, ive got a two year old female but ive only had her for two weeks so im quite new at this, over the weekend she stoped eating her veg which she normally loves then yesterday she refused everything i offered including her favourit locus, she is going toilet normally (just ask my desk) now today she is frantically trying to get out of her viv, i let her out as normal but instead of her normall pottering around inspecting the room she was running around and i mean running tring to climb everything as if she is looking for something, normally she is quite placid and enjoys sitting on my desk whilst i work or just getting a cuddle on my lap but today she is black and grumpy hissing at anything that moves. she is in a 4 foot viv that is thermo controlled the prevent over heating or under heating with seperate temps for day and night, she has a uvb and heat lamp

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
Just out of curiosity, what uvb does she have? Are you sure she's a she? It sounds to me like she could be gravid. If she is, she could be ready to lay. Yes, females can have eggs without being with a male. Are you sure she wasn't with a male before you got her? If she was, you will could have many beardie eggs in the near future.

I have never had any experience with a gravid female, thankfully. It would be to stressful for me.

Lori

vinnieg

Original Poster
well i think i got my answer she is on a 10 uvb strip, anyway after searching the internet for clues last night i found a caresheet with what to look for and sure enough this morning i checked her belly and yes i can see what looks like marbles, so ive made a few calls and she was introduced to a male to see if they would get along but only for a few seconds cause guess what he tried to jumb on her back. it looks like they must only need a few second lol. so now im frantically trying to sort an incubater just incase, ive given her a soil mix box to lay in and am thinking of setting up the web cam so i can see from work if she is ok (sooooo nervous jezz if im like this over flynn what am i going to be like when my daughter is pregnant). so i will keep you all posted on the out come.
ps how long should i wait before worring

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tangel256
Top Bottom