Flying roach?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Much to my horror today, I was adding food to my dubia roach colony bin when one of them flew out at me. Seriously, I saw it jump up and flutter at me until it hit me in the arm. At that point, I screamed and fell back. Then I quickly closed the bin to prevent anything else. I know I wasn't imagining it, but can they fly? Only the males right?

Tomorrow I'm getting a bigger bin or doing something so this never happens again. I'm also gonna tear my place up trying to find that stray roach before it drives me up the wall!

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hi Ben,

They can't necessarily fly, they can flutter like what you described. A well placed jump and some wing action can get them pretty far but they won't usually do that. Actually, its never happened to me in the 2+ years I've had dubias.

-Brandon

uberglasses

Original Poster
That was some bold flutter from that one dubia! Luckily for me, I found the adventurous bug last night and quickly fed him to my leopard gecko, haha. It made sleeping through the night much easier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
New & NoClue
Top Bottom