Flukers Repti-Aid Critical Care Formula

Status
Not open for further replies.

starrybear

Hi! I have been reading these posts religiously for the past month. We have an eight month old beardie. We didn't know a lot about all of the proper husbandry and found out that we had been giving him too large of crickets, no UVB and walnut shell substrate (bad!!!). We thought the bulb we had bought was all he needed. Well, he got impacted and developed a HUGE bump on his back. His back legs didn't work well. We had only been giving him calcium about once a week as well. I think he developed MBD. So, we did end up clearing the massive compaction through a series of mineral oil, apple sauce, prune and warm bath treatments. I also aided in clearing his cloaca as he was straining massively to get the stuff out and couldn't. Well,then he was just completely worn out. I dropper fed him baby food and vitamins, got a UVB, got my temps right, and fed him liquid calcium. He was still so limp looking. So,I went to another pet store and found Flukers Repti Aid Critical Care Formula. In a matter of four hours, he was more alert than I have seen him in weeks. I just wanted to pass this on because I have received so much help from this website. This stuff really is helping Gizmo. His legs are still half working and deformed, and he has only had a small bm on his own, but I see hope finally. We thought we had lost him. His eyes are glowing again and he is alert. I hope I can help someone with this...I will always take the utmost care of my beardie from now on....they require more care than most pet stores will say...thanks! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoseofChaos
Top Bottom