Fluker Farms - weird beetle larvae in cricket shipments

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recently switched to FlukerFarms as my cricket provider, but I have noticed that there is some sort of strange beetle larva in the boxes of crickets. The most recent shipment had tons and I am worried about feeding some to Charm by accident. Does anyone know what they are? Could they be dangerous for him?

they feed on the dead crickets. if he accidently eats a few it would be ok, but i would call flukers and let them know they have an infestation and see what they can do about it

thegreybush

Juvie Member
I have contacted a supplier for the same issue and they told me that they were not dangerous for them to eat and that some even liked them. I take that with a grain of salt, though....

Mistyck

Extreme Poster
I've fed my guy the little "cleaner" bugs that come in with crickets before, he loves them. I've never seen anything wrong with him after feeding those to him either. While I don't think that they should be a staple, I don't see the harm in feeding a few here or there. After all, all they're eating is crickets...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miss_michelle421
Top Bottom