florescent buzzing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

strhunter2

Hatchling Member
hey i have a 22" florescent bulb that is making a buzzing noise, and its starting to annoy me so im sure it annoying my beardie

also when i turn the power on to the fixture i have to fiddle with the bulb in order for it to come on

any thoughts on how i can fix these problems,

thanks,
Strhunter2

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
If you don't have the tube in both of the sides correctly, it can cause it not to come on & also buzzing sounds. I would recommend totally removing the bulb and putting it back in. Make sure both sets of prongs on each side are turned all the way to the back.

Also, if the ballast in the tube receptacle is going bad, that can also cause a buzzing. You might need to invest in a new holder if removing and putting the bulb back in doesn't work.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
You will want to make sure that the bulb you are putting into the fixture is also the right size for the fixture.

For example, putting a T5 bulb into a T8 fixture, or visa versa.

Honestly, you can get the lighting fixtures so cheap, and its such a hassle to buy the ballests to replace them, that your better off just buying a new fixture IMO. You'r not saving very much money (if any) by buying just the ballests to replace in your fixture.

-Brandon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Critter Guy
Top Bottom