Flooring?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Picklepies

Hatchling Member
Hi all, I was wondering if i could get flooring recommendations?
We had them on tiles, but changed to self liner due to concerns about their knees. The problem with the liner is it's a bit slippery, and they cant always grip.
They are both also currently receiving treatment for pinworms and coccadia, so if anyone knows of any flooring that is non slippy, easy to clean, and has a bit of 'bounce'? :)

charmander16

Juvie Member
I think the best thing is a mix of different flooring types. I'm using cork and rock: viewtopic.php?f=75&t=233838#p1809346

The cork isn't quite as easy to clean as I would like, but it's not too bad either. Rock is rock. I think this ends up being a good combination.

Cork is a little expensive. The kind I used is only $1.99 per sq ft, but I had to buy a whole box, which was $55. If you can find scraps or opened boxes, etc., that may be more cost effective.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Perhaps some vinyl flooring would have enough traction and cushion while still being easy to clean. There are tons of options available so I'd just go to the hardware store and check out what's available and see if anything fits the bill.

Picklepies

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Thanks everyone, I've never thought of bark of cushions! I'll have a look down the hardware store tonight, see what I can find :) xx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stump5150!
Top Bottom