Fixture help??

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have learned that a coil UVB bulb is not the best choice for Furiosa, so i am trying to figure out the right bulb and fixture for his tank. He is currently in a 40 gallon breeder ( 36"x 18"x 17").
what i have found so far are:
Zoo Med ReptiSun 10.0 UVB T5HO 39W 34” strip

Should I get a T8HO? and what kind of fixture is most recomended??
I want to fix this problem as soon as possible, so i do appreciste any and all help! (i am at school so i cannot upload photos 'till tonight)

cmoo

The t5 is stronger than the t8. I have the zoomed reptisun hood with a t5HO bulb that sits unobstructed on a 36" tank and love it. I've seen huge improvements in my juvenile beardie since switching to the tube UVB.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
The fixture for a 34'' bulb is 36'' and will sit just about evenly across the tank. The power cord on the side will allow it to sit on the ridge along the edge of the tank but should be secured. I prefer a smaller UVB light that is wide enough to spread a beam of UVB across the basking area that is just a bit longer than an adult dragon (22'') and still allow room in other parts of the tank to have little or no UVB to provide some options for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
New & NoClue
Top Bottom