First Winter Burmation Q. Plese advise me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

albitjerz

Hatchling Member
Hi all, I have some questions regarding burmation. This is my first winter with dragons in my home and Ive no idea what to expect. ANEY advice would be helpful. So far no sighns of burmation are evadent in ither of my dragons. Puff is 4 months old and verry helthy and actave. Will he burmate this year? Pheonix is 8 months old and much quietter in nature than Puff. Will she burmate at this age? What are basic "rules" of burmation for the owner? I realy know almos nuthing about the subject so Plese Help me figure this out. Thanks so much in advance we all appcate the help.

gulfbrzdawn

BD.org Addict
Hello,

Typically beardies under a year of age do not brumate. That's not to say that it does not happen. The 4 month will not brumate. There is always the possibility that the 8 month old could, but more than likely not. Not all beardies brumate either. I have a 6 yr old beardie that only does a semi-brumation and just sleeps alot through the winter.

Here is a great article that tells you everything you want to know on the subject of brumation http://www.beardeddragon.org/articles/brumation/

hope this helps :D

albitjerz

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Thanks so much for the artical I willgo read it now. And thanks for ancering me so quickly.

albitjerz

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
OK I read the artical and have some questions. It said that the lights could be turned on and off eurlyer and later to alow for the changing of the sesons outside. Do you have to do this it sounds complacated? Also why dont the young ones burmate? And how long do thay usuly burmate for? I mean are we talking 2 months or 6 here? Hope Im not driving you crazy with questions but I want to get it right should my 8 month old decide to take a "nap". Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trishreyhui
Top Bottom