First timer

Status
Not open for further replies.

MisMay

Hello! My name is MisMay! I am taking care of a beardie over the summer for my biology teacher. His name is Albert, but I call him Scout. He was previously owned and then donated to the class. He's two years old and fully grown. This is my first time taking care of a beardie and would like some advice! It's already been three weeks since I've taken him home and been doing good since then. But, there are still things that I'm concerned about. I was hoping a forum like this would help me out! :D
Thank you!
Heres a picture!:
11095508_908162542574892_8269435298394081297_o.jpg

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi Missmay .....it's nice that you are getting to care for a beardie, they are wonderful animals ! Does he seem to be eating well ? Can you list the exact brand + type of lights that you have ? I can see from his face that he has or has had some health problems, probably metabolic bone disease which can be pretty serious.....can you post a few pics of his face as well as his entire body and also his set up in the health sub forum ? And any concerns that you have, someone will be able to help you. I hope he does well for you + you have a good summer.

MisMay

Original Poster
Hi there! I don't know exactly what the brand of light is, but I saw that it was exoterra ((EDIT: He uses a heat lamp during the day and a UV light at night.)). He's eating fine and usually perks up when it is time to eat. I was given a guide on how to feed him, when to feed him and what to do. And yes, I was told a while ago by my teacher he has some kind of fungus, but he was treated for it and he's fine now. That big bump on his jaw is from him scratching his jaw on his rock home. But I do have some betaiodine to put on him. ((Sorry if this is such a jumbled mess))

I do feel bad for him though. I don't have a lot of things to do with him and it's hard to let him wander around because my dad doesn't like reptiles and expects me to keep him in my room. I thought about taking him on a walk, but I don't have the materials to make a harness or buy one. He's still not used to me carrying him, so he usually fusses and ends up scratching me pretty bad. I put balls in his tank and hoped he would run around with those, but all he does is climb over them. I tried giving him a bath yesterday, but when he was done he started getting anxious and was nearly about to do his beard-thing.

MufasasMomMakayla

Juvie Member
Hey MissMay!

I have made a harness for my baby with duct tape, since I haven't gotten around to buying one. He has never actually used it, (every time I get one leg thru the arm hole he moves out of it, lol) but something like it might work for your beardie.
82607-5770264654.jpg
Here is a picture if that helps at all. :) All I used was duct tape, string, a bead, scissors and a dragon.

Sorry for rambling! :)
Makayla

MisMay

Original Poster
Thanks Makayla! I'll do my best to make one! Hopefully he'll get some exersice now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heidib715
Top Bottom