First time setup (tips appreciated)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is my first time setup first pet beardie.

was wondering if this setup looks ok, what I should change/add etc.

got the basking light, a ceramic bulb, and the uv one. Still tweaking the lighting setup I don't think its quite warm enough for day time. The Humidity has level out at 35% the basking spot seems stuck at 96-97 Ferenheight(sp) 36 celcius (think I might need to buy another light fixture and bask or ceramic light) its a 57gallon tank divided in half with cardboard.

HungerCity

Original Poster
I turned up the temperature of the house a few degree's and now the tank temp is good n rising!

my Beardie actually moved over from directly under the lights now, so i think its happy!
the temps is at around 103-104

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Your temps sound good. If he seems comfortable I'd remove the cardboard and give him a cool side to go to if he wants. It can stay up if he still seems skittish though. I would replace the coil UVB light with a tube style light for best results. The tubes project a much more even, widespread beam of UVB rather than an intense cone that the coils produce which is difficult to bask under. I'd get one of these and set it on the basking side of the tank, right on top.

This fixture http://www.amazon.com/Sunblaster-904296-NanoTech-Fixture-Reflector/dp/B00AKKUBDQ
With this bulb http://www.amazon.com/Zoo-Med-ReptiSun-10-0-Lamp/dp/B00AQU8HAO/

Or this combo set http://www.lightyourreptiles.com/22-t-5-ho-fixture-high-output-with-arcadia-d3-12-ho-bulb/

HungerCity

Original Poster
Thanks for the tips!! the cool side with card board is around 80 degrees i am tweaking how far back to move the card board cause if i take it out the basking area temp drops to low 90's i've reading 105-110 good for the babies. i'll have to look into getting better UVB light! thanks again

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Yes, that's true. For young dragons you want to have an available basking area between 100-110.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Great! Let me know how the dripper works out. I've read some good things about using dripping water to simulate rain running off of plant leaves and get them to drink.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JGFill
Top Bottom