First Time Owner

Status
Not open for further replies.
The topic title pretty much explains it. I just got my first beardie yesterday and I want to make sure that what i am doing is right. I got the beardie from a petsmart and as of right now I dont have a name for it because its pretty much slept since It came home. I forgot to ask the age but going on the research i have done before bringing he/she into my home suggest its roughly a month or two old. Before bringing it home I got a 20 gallon aquarium and lined it with reptile carpet. I got a 50 watt basking light since the distance from the top to the bottom of the tank is not very big. The temps reached 130 a week before getting him so i have readjusted the lights to make sure the range stay in the 90 to 100 degree range in the basking side. Also i have a repti glo 10.0 uvb bulb. both are on timers set for a 12 hour period from 8 am to 8pm. It also has a small water dish and a few other things to climb on.

Feeding: I bought enough crickets to get him though till Tuesday when i have a shipment of a bulk order coming in. A few questions i have though are.
What is the best gutload and calcium/vit D product i can purchase to feed and dust the crickets with? I am using Flukers with calcium now.
Should i feed it 2 or 3 times a day?
What is the best veggie/green i can feed it for its daily salad? right now i am using collard greens.

General: Since i got it later in the afternoon, i am not surprised that its spent alot of time sleeping, especially from the stress it had to undergo. hopefully its more lively tomorrow. I checked all the toes and tale for nips before picking it out. I also know that Ill have to upgrade to a bigger tank in the future, but i would like to know on average how long a 20 gallon will hold it comfortably. Also, how old does it have to be in order to tell the gender?

If there is anything i need to know i would greatly appreciate your alls input. I got alot of my knowledge from this forum board, other research and a friend of mine who has a BD and a panther chameleon. Ill post pictures later of the little one and the cage so you all can get a better idea of what i am talking about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JulesD
Top Bottom