first time outside = scar for life

Status
Not open for further replies.
today was a nice day
it was 86 outside and the sun was outside
no wind no nothing just plain nice day
so i decided to take cronos outside his been all morning runnig around my room since he woke up in a cheerful mood today( he was following me in his tank )
i took him outside and place him in the drive way i was petting him and boom he ran of to the garage thats the fastest is ever seen him run so i ran after him and i caught him scraching the wall like trying to climb it.
I think i had scar him for life he he was stressed out beyond reason id never seen him like that so I took him emidiately back inside and into my room he seems alittle calmer now his not breathing like if he was going to die
I feel bad for the little one
anyone had the same experience with their own

ill wait till he spring to start taking him out periodically (hope he doesnt freak out as bad )

andrewlloyd

Juvie Member
Hey there mate,
As it was his first time, i would of kept a hold of him.
Let him lay on your arm, or on your chest or something, so that if he is frightend he knows that he has you there, and you are something farmilular to him.

Ive never put my beardie on the ground outside in fear he would run away and i wouldnt be able to catch him, but i do put him in an outdoor enclosure i built out of chicken wire, i dont leave him out there by himself, i stay with him, or close by at all times :)

They always seem to love it outside more, get some great colours that come out :)

shadowfoxmalau

Original Poster
yeah i should get a leash he caught me by surpirse with that spring since he hardly ever run that fast.
mistake #1

andrewlloyd

Juvie Member
shadowfoxmalau":a1038 said:
yeah i should get a leash he caught me by surpirse with that spring since he hardly ever run that fast.
mistake #1

Ive heard of people using a leash for their beardie, do you, or does anyone else know more about this?
Where do you get them from?!lol

shadowfoxmalau

Original Poster
andrewlloyd":1681b said:
shadowfoxmalau":1681b said:
mistake #1

Ive heard of people using a leash for their beardie, do you, or does anyone else know more about this?
lol i used to have leashes for my iguana back at home where i used to takethem to them to the park .i know they sell it on petsmart they dont look that wow but yeah.

nixlibs

Hatchling Member
shadowfoxmalau":c3876 said:
andrewlloyd":c3876 said:
shadowfoxmalau":c3876 said:
mistake #1

lol i used to have leashes for my iguana back at home where i used to takethem to them to the park .i know they sell it on petsmart they dont look that wow but yeah.

I just bought an iguana leash for my beardie. I think it'll be a great help for when I want to take him out in the summer. It'll be warm enough to take out my beardie in a few more months but I still got my leash at this time because I want to train him to be comfortable and ready wearing the leash so that when comes time he won't be trying to break free or struggling to get it off of him. So if you do decide to buy one I recommend putting him on it around the house first then going outside with him next so he gets used to it on first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sage_1207
Top Bottom